PCR Exam

Options
anniebabe
anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Did anyone sit the PCR paper exam yesterday?
What did you think?

Comments

• sdeabill
    sdeabill Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    yes, i took this paper, i have been looking on forums, to see if anyone posted any aswers.

this is my 4th Resit so my figs may be compleate wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.1 i couldnt remeber what i had to do, seemed to easy what i did, had answer of 275, but i am not conferdent that any of my answers are right.

i found the paper very messy in task 1.2, i was confused byt the sales and production, i normaly use the sales figure, but for this task, i used mainly the Production, i hope this is correct and they were just trying to trip us up.

the operating statement section i found to be a real pain, as they layout we had to use i found it took up nearly 2 pages, also i had to restart it because i didnt pick up on the increast cost untill after i had dont the material sections. so this is very messy, lots of crossed out answers.

i cant remeber where this was but i had a operating profit of 1750 065.

also had new 1.806 unit contrubtion
    old contrubtion 3.256 per unit

the % i may have done the 5 the wrong way i had the following 03%,10,80%4.1%15%1.9%2.3%, this is some of the figures, but i may be well off the mark

i am not sure on any of the above, but would welcome feedback as to what answers other people got.

i have been very brave as i never put my figures, but hoping this will encouage other people to reply, and maybe their answers, how they found it ect
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hello
    Yes my mind went totally blank with task 1, really wasnt expecting that forcasting question to turn up first.
    I answered everything but wouldnt like to put money on whether or not anything I did was right or not.
    It was my first time sitting this exam, made a bit of a mess with the operating statement, and think i missed something to do with 10% wastage out :/ but at least I carried on and balanced everything to what I had - so surely that must count for something - or maybe not - havent got a clue :/
  • Yoelle
    Yoelle Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I also sat PCR yesterday, can't remember many figures but 275000 rings a bell for first question- I think it was add on ยฃ10,000 for the trend and then ยฃ5000 for seasonal variation- I also took ages checking this thinking I was making it too easy as it said 25 minutes by the question, but I didn't realise that the question carried over on the next page! I then thought I was getting a lesson in Roman Numerials- can't remember how many parts were for the next part of the question!

Overall I thought it was ok, but lots of places mistakes could be made. I thought it was very time consuming and I could have done with another 15 minutes to go back through and check- never mind have to keep our fingers crossed.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    I definately didnt carry Task 1.1 onto Task 1.2 - I didnt pick that up at all.
    Oh well - resit here I come - not the end of the world.
    I agree it was very time consuming.
  • Yoelle
    Options
    I definately didnt carry Task 1.1 onto Task 1.2 - I didnt pick that up at all.
    Oh well - resit here I come - not the end of the world.
    I agree it was very time consuming.

Hi, sorry I think I've worried you. I think it was 1.1a the seaonal variation trend one, then 1.1b about 12 questions (calculating selling price, % wastage, material price etc). I don't think they were linked at all, but it was 25 minutes for all of those questions. At first I thought the 25 minutes was just to calculate the trend.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hi Yoelle
    Ahh ! I see what you mean now, you had me worried then for a moment. I misread what you had put - sorry.
    I had a few head scratching moments with Task 1.2
  • Yoelle
    Options
    Hi Anniebabe, I spent ages on 1.2, that was the operating statement I think, so paranoid about making stupid mistakes- hope I didn't make any but we'll see... spending so much on this made me rush through section 2 so could have made errors there. Did you sit any other exams this week?
  • anniebabe
    Options
    I spent ages on the operating statement, didnt realised till after I had done the gross proft that I had missed the 10% waste adjustment, I ended up leaving it as I was consious that I still had section 2 to look at.
    This was my first level 4 exam, I am not due to start level 4 till September but had time and decided to attempt it by myself, so I suppose its not a big thing if I havent passed, but it would make life a bit easier when I go back to college if I have done it - less to worry about. What about you - did you do other exams this week?
  • Yoelle
    Options
    Hi Anniebabe, sorry for the delayed response. I am the opposite to you- I hope PCR was my last AAT exam. I also sat PEV & PTC last week. Really glad that it is not this time last week!!!

You were brave, well done! I have studied all of level 4 this year. Got a head start last summer and drafted the unit 10 project over the holidays- this really helped me as I wouldn't have had time once we went back to college in September. I sat DFS and BTC end of Nov / start of Dec and passed both which I was chuffed about. Just got to keep my fingers crossed for the results- really don't fancy switching to computer based exams! Good luck to you for August!
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Good Luck to you too. hope you pass.
    I am not sure what I am doing with Level 4 at the moment, called college today to find out course details and they have told me it is ยฃ2818 for Level 4 - emailed the course tutor and he didnt know anything about this huge increase in fees (was only ยฃ1200 last time), so I am waiting for a reply. Dont really want to do home study. Hope who ever I spoke to has the wrong info.
Privacy Policy