2011/2012 Football Season

Options
Luby
Luby Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
I am bolton fan and really not looking forward to the start of the next season- i mean QPR (who will be more than up for it following there promotion) followed by man city at home, liverpool away, man utd at home, norwhich city (hopefully a break), then arsenal away followed by chelseas at home. I mean i dont think the start of a season could possibly get any harder :( tough times ahead :/ ...

Just a general off topic conversation

Comments

• Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    That means you'll have a good set of fixtures over Christmas at least... You won't get relegated, I can pretty much guarantee that :)

Three for the drop: Norwich, Wigan & Swansea
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 466 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I don't think bolton will go down either, they should have another good cup run and maybe even go one step further this time.

The most important fixture however over Christmas is without any doubt is Portsmouth v Southampton 17/12/11. Come on you Saints...... :)
  • Luby
    Options
    In all honesty im struggling to see us doing well this season jussi is getting too old you could see it in him last season and kevin davies needs to retire, the only striker we'll have is danny sturridge, our team is incredibly mediocre, no stuart holden for the start of the season either. I'm expecting a relegation battle to be honest... our end to the season is decent a bunch of mediocre teams, i feel wigan will stay up again, maybe villa will go down with mcleish :D
  • Luby
    Options
    We only had a good cup run this time round due to being drawn easy teams, I couldn't believe the thrashing we received at wembley at the hands of stoke however. My first trip to wembley was certainly a memorable one just not for the right reasons. I was in hysterics by the end of it from pure shock :/
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Woooof wrote: Β»
    That means you'll have a good set of fixtures over Christmas at least... You won't get relegated, I can pretty much guarantee that :)

Three for the drop: Norwich, Wigan & Swansea

Look at my avatar and my angry face (insert angry face here I don't know how to put it in!!)

Not been relegated from the premiership yet....

Opening fixtures are all the promoted teams! Norwich then Swansea then QPR. But I'm not expecting too much, we got a newly promoted team last season as our first fixture (Blackpool) and got trounced 4-0! They seem to come all fired up to surprise everyone. Look at Hull City, they were 2nd at some point when they got promoted.

Obviously being a Wigan fan I look at the last game of the season too, it usually depends on that one..... We got Wolves, so could be a right good one if the previous seasons are anything to go by.
  • Woooof
    Options
    Rachey wrote: Β»
    Look at my avatar and my angry face (insert angry face here I don't know how to put it in!!)

Not been relegated from the premiership yet....

Opening fixtures are all the promoted teams! Norwich then Swansea then QPR. But I'm not expecting too much, we got a newly promoted team last season as our first fixture (Blackpool) and got trounced 4-0! They seem to come all fired up to surprise everyone. Look at Hull City, they were 2nd at some point when they got promoted.

Obviously being a Wigan fan I look at the last game of the season too, it usually depends on that one..... We got Wolves, so could be a right good one if the previous seasons are anything to go by.
    I'm sorry, but I'm only being honest! There are better teams than you in the premiership and your fan support is terrible! 19th in the attendance table (Only Blackpool, who built a temporary stand was lower) or.... I have a grudge against Wigan, you decide :p
  • Luby
    Options
    New teams do tend to start of with a fire and hunger for survival causing upsets throughout the league which is why i think the last two seasons have been so close along the board, theres been no clear title winners till towards the end and theres been several relegation candidates coming into the final couple of games. I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to wigan it means bolton wouldnt have to play them again because my god thats the MOST boring fixture ever (I am a bolton fan so can say that :P ) Kinda wished blackpool has stayed up they were good entertainment damn you united now i hate you even more :@ they didnt even need a point from that game haha. Typically selfish haha.
  • Woooof
    Options
    I think I've been to some games which can beat that game to the most boring title :p

Off topic but do you go the games? Home & away? :O
  • Luby
    Options
    I used to have a season ticket with my dad and went then had a break as he couldnt afford keep getting them then refound my love for going to the reebok last year when i bought my own season ticket :) which reminds me i really should get on with renewing it again this year ...

I rarely go to away games mainly because of the hassle of organising getting there and the cost etc. As i progress through aat and get payrises hopefully begin going to more away games

You?
  • Luby
    Options
    which also raises the question of which team you support?
  • Woooof
    Options
    Luby wrote: Β»
    which also raises the question of which team you support?

The only team that I actually go to watch games for is my local team :) (Who are famous for reaching the FA Vase final last year!) I'm not really a home game type of guy... I prefer a day out and a better atmosphere. I have been to games to watch Leicester too, furthest grounds I've been to are Carlisle & Newcastle, I watched them whilst they were mostly in League One.
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Furthest I've been away was Istanbul in 2005, not a bad day/night out! Keep the North West teams in the Premier (apart from Mancs). Norwich, QPR and Arsenal to go down (only coz Arsenal will have no players left)
  • Rachey
    Options
    Come on today Wigan!!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Rachey wrote: Β»
    Come on today Wigan!!!

draw with norwich - my hubby is a norwich supporter so he was happy
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I'm an Arsenal supporter living in Newcastle and thought I might have to go into hibernation this week but we drew 0-0 so I can still, just about show my face! Think title will go to either Man Utd or City. Arsenal should finish top 4 again (fingers x'd), Spurs for the drop (in my dreams!).

Would like to see Wigan and Bolton both stay up - altho we seem to struggle against them both!
  • Rachey
    Options
    My heart went out to QPR today! I don't think they deserved that but hopefully they'll learn and get stronger. My gut instinct told me a 0-0 draw with Arsenal today, but RVP is in my dream team so i'd have preferred a couple of goals off him!
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    RVP will get more than a few goals for you this season Rachel don't worry!

Su
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Aargh - thanks a lot City!!!!

:(
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 466 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Top of the league :) - hoping for 3 out of 3 tonight for the super saints
  • jamieleeuk
    jamieleeuk Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Sulew17 wrote: Β»
    Arsenal should finish top 4 again

Hahaha - funny mate
  • Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think Bolton may struggle to score goals this year, but no reason to think they will go down. Just need to sign a decent replacement for Cahill if he goes this in January.

Wigan will have a tough season but probably have just enough quality to survive for another season. Blackburn, Swansea and Norwich are the teams who will struggle for me.

Van Persie is a great player but notoriously injury prone. Will get fantasy points but prepared to be expect to sub him out. I also think Arsenal will finish out of the top 4 I'm afraid.

I support Forest, has been a tough start to the season. I'd like to give McLaren a lot of time but the chairman isn't backing him! We really need a few more defenders, especially a left back! Big A52 Derby this weekend :D
Privacy Policy