I need to apply for a UTR for Non-resident?

Guest007 Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor 🐘
Good afternoon,

How do I deal with the non-residents Tax Return? Do I apply for a UTR for him? He is living abroad and declared as a non-resident in the UK. His nephew used to live in house before and never paid any money to the uncle. Now, the nephew moved out and uncle (non-resident) rented the property and earning some money from the property. He approached me to help him his Tax Return? Could you please advise me how to approach this case?



    BIG WAL Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Non-residents are liable to UK tax on their UK income. Therefore it sounds like he will have to pay tax on the property income - but after expenses. However, he will be entitled to a Personal Allowance in the same way as anyone else, so at the end of the day there may be nothing to pay.
  • Guest007
    Guest007 Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor 🐘
    The Non-Resident Landlords (NRL) Scheme

    Thanks Big Wal,

    The link below is confusing:


    Do all the non-resident Landlords must apply for this scheme?

    Again it doesnt mention anything about PA.

    This is a first "The Non-Resident Landlords (NRL) Scheme" i am dealing with. Please explain this a little bit more.

Privacy Policy