Exam results

Options
Becky V
Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi i sat my exam on the 2nd June and awaiting results! Anyone else sat an exam around the same time and have they received their result yet? I hate waiting!!!! Lol

Comments

• GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I've got my result today from an exam taken on 27th May so it would have been exactly 6 weeks tomorrow, all my other results have taken the full 6 weeks too...

Good luck!
  • iskcel
    iskcel Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It seems that most people receive there results near the full six weeks.

So far mine have been:-
    Budgeting - got result dead on 5 weeks since exam
    Personal Tax - got result 5 weeks & 5 days since exam
    ICAS - sent for internal variation 2 weeks ago was told this will take 4 weeks for result
    Financial Performance - it will be 6 weeks since the exam on Tuesday and no result yet.
    Business Tax - I took the exam just over a week ago

I have been checking for result each day and yesterday my daughter asked what I was looking at, I replied "at my exam results, mummy wants to see if I have passed or failed" to which she replied "I think you have failed mummy" Oh thanks!

Hope everything goes well for you :-)
  • Becky V
    Options
    Thank you,my last 2 results have been 6 weeks and 1 day, was so hoping it would be before 6 weeks!!
  • staceylou
    staceylou Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    financial performance and tax i was waiting 6 weeks however budgeting was on there after only 4 and i hadnt checked it for about a week so could of been even earlier!! so dont think there is any consistancy whatsoever!!! so you will be paranoid checking pretty much all the time if your anything like me!!!
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    iskcel wrote: »

I have been checking for result each day and yesterday my daughter asked what I was looking at, I replied "at my exam results, mummy wants to see if I have passed or failed" to which she replied "I think you have failed mummy" Oh thanks!

Kids don't you just love em
  • nonmugglesue
    nonmugglesue Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I took my FS exam on 2nd June and I am still waiting
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    My FNST results came through 2 days before the 6 weeks was up - they weren't there in the morning but appeared in the afternoon...
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Becky V
    Options
    I took my FS exam on 2nd June and I am still waiting

Good luck with your results! :)

Why cant they just give us a date for the exams then i wouldnt be checking all the time!
    I find the 5th week i am checking more and more because i just want to know!! Lol
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I've not sat any level 4 exams yet but if I can manage to stuff all the information that is required for FNST in to my head for the end of the month I would like to be sitting this paper in the last week of July !

I hope you hear something soon. If you do get your result next week drop me a line because I may be interested in buying your Kaplan revision books :)

This unit seems to be a tough one - I hope the next one isn't quite so intense !

Let us know how you get on
  • Becky V
    Options
    Well the results are in and have failed again!!!! So disappointed :(
  • AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Becky. What exams did you sit?
  • Becky V
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Becky. What exams did you sit?

It was financial statements, second time of sitting the exam, just dont know where i went wrong! Will have to appeal again! Thank you
  • iskcel
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Becky. What exam was it?

I got my results to and it turned out my daughter was right and I failed :-( I sat Financial Performance but to be honest im not to bothered! Out of all the units it was the hardest! probably because I spent about 5 hours max learning and revising it! We went on holiday in the caravan and all 4 of our children (who are 5 and under) got a sickness bug so getting work/revision done was impossible but I was still hopeful I would pass even though I knew in reality it was a long shot!!

I went to play tennis with my husband today and took out my frustration on the court! I didn't realize I could hit the ball so hard!

I have today sent the £23 to AAT not because I want them to remark but because I would like to know where I struggled to gain marks etc However if I dont get a response within 4 weeks I will resit anyway as I am trying to get all the exams taken by 4 weeks time to give 6 weeks clear for the result and hopefully if i've passed them all then I can qualify and go to ceremony this November!

I'm now left waiting for Business Tax result.
    I'm Sitting Financial Statements in a week which will give me a few weeks to revise Financial Performance!

Good luck for your re-sit though x
  • iskcel
    Options
    I just saw your reply above.
    So you have done an appeal before. What will they tell me about where I was competent and where I wasn't. I spoke to the AAT today to ask if I requested to know what my marks were in each area and I was still awaiting their response could I take a resit anyway if their response doesn't come quick enough. Which I can.
    To be honest even if they remarked it and changed it to competent I want to resit still as I dont feel I deserve a competent mark as I know my knowledge is hazzie & I like to be confident that I know exactly what to do!
  • AAT Level 3
    Options
    Becky V wrote: »
    It was financial statements, second time of sitting the exam, just dont know where i went wrong! Will have to appeal again! Thank you

I have heard the pass rate for this exam is only 50 odd percent in each month. Perhaps the AAT should look into why people are failing it so much and identify this to the centres so the problem can be resolved.
  • AAT Level 3
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Becky. What exam was it?

I got my results to and it turned out my daughter was right and I failed :-( I sat Financial Performance but to be honest im not to bothered! Out of all the units it was the hardest! probably because I spent about 5 hours max learning and revising it! We went on holiday in the caravan and all 4 of our children (who are 5 and under) got a sickness bug so getting work/revision done was impossible but I was still hopeful I would pass even though I knew in reality it was a long shot!!

I went to play tennis with my husband today and took out my frustration on the court! I didn't realize I could hit the ball so hard!

I have today sent the £23 to AAT not because I want them to remark but because I would like to know where I struggled to gain marks etc However if I dont get a response within 4 weeks I will resit anyway as I am trying to get all the exams taken by 4 weeks time to give 6 weeks clear for the result and hopefully if i've passed them all then I can qualify and go to ceremony this November!

I'm now left waiting for Business Tax result.
    I'm Sitting Financial Statements in a week which will give me a few weeks to revise Financial Performance!

Good luck for your re-sit though x

Keep trying you will get there eventually if you have had 4 kids you can pass the exam :)
  • Becky V
    Options
    I just saw your reply above.
    So you have done an appeal before. What will they tell me about where I was competent and where I wasn't. I spoke to the AAT today to ask if I requested to know what my marks were in each area and I was still awaiting their response could I take a resit anyway if their response doesn't come quick enough. Which I can.
    To be honest even if they remarked it and changed it to competent I want to resit still as I dont feel I deserve a competent mark as I know my knowledge is hazzie & I like to be confident that I know exactly what to do!

Hi i have appealed against this before, and for the same reasons just to see where i went wrong so i know which areas to revise more on. I have found there is so much to remember on this unit, its a nightmare!!!
    With the appeals it tells you if you exceeded, met or did not met on each task.
    If you dont recieve feedback within 21 working days ( i think) you will get your money back.
    Good luck with finacial statements!
    How did you find business tax? Thats what i am studying next.
  • Becky V
    Options
    I have heard the pass rate for this exam is only 50 odd percent in each month. Perhaps the AAT should look into why people are failing it so much and identify this to the centres so the problem can be resolved.

That is terrible!!!! AAT should sort this out then, i have found there is just far to much to remember with the standards and definitons etc. The calculations i am fine with. See what happens with my appeal.
  • iskcel
    Options
    Becky V wrote: »
    Hi i have appealed against this before, and for the same reasons just to see where i went wrong so i know which areas to revise more on. I have found there is so much to remember on this unit, its a nightmare!!!
    With the appeals it tells you if you exceeded, met or did not met on each task.
    If you dont recieve feedback within 21 working days ( i think) you will get your money back.
    Good luck with finacial statements!
    How did you find business tax? Thats what i am studying next.

Thank you for clarifying the appeals procedure for me. Does it give you a description of what each task was or are you expected to remember what questions you had?

I found Business Tax, Personal Tax & Budgeting easy but Financial Performance, Financial Statements are another matter! Like you I have no problems with the calculations but I just don't seem to be able to remember all the standards atm & I don't see the point as in normal day to day work I would look it up if I need clarification!
    There is a lot of information to Business Tax but its all easier to apply than Financial Statements!
  • Becky V
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying the appeals procedure for me. Does it give you a description of what each task was or are you expected to remember what questions you had?

I found Business Tax, Personal Tax & Budgeting easy but Financial Performance, Financial Statements are another matter! Like you I have no problems with the calculations but I just don't seem to be able to remember all the standards atm & I don't see the point as in normal day to day work I would look it up if I need clarification!
    There is a lot of information to Business Tax but its all easier to apply than Financial Statements!

Yes there is the task descriptions on the appeal.
    I have passed personal tax and found that straight forward so hoping business tax is the same. I am awaiting feedback from ICAS should receive it tomorrow!
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Someone shared a link to the pass rates for level 4 in the first quarter of 2011 on another thread, the information they gave me came from PQ magazine and was as follows:

Learning area Dec 10 Jan 11 Feb 11
    FNPF 59.6% 54.4% 52.2%
    BGT 87.8% 88.6% 88.0%
    FNST n/a 52.5% 53.0%
    PCMK 81.4% 78.1% 77.7%
    BTX 74.8% 65.5% 64.6%
    PTX 74.4% 73.2% 72.6%
    EXA 71.5% 70.7% 69.8%
    Level 4 CBTs 76.3% 71.8% 69.5%

So the % of people passing FNST is really low !
  • AAT Level 3
    Options
    Do these figures not suggest that the exam is clearly extremely difficult? For ACA I don't think any of the pass rates ever go below 70. It baffles me that pass rates are this low and there doesn't seem to be anything happening to improve them.
  • Becky V
    Options
    Do these figures not suggest that the exam is clearly extremely difficult? For ACA I don't think any of the pass rates ever go below 70. It baffles me that pass rates are this low and there doesn't seem to be anything happening to improve them.

I completely agree, if the AAT want a good pass rate,then surely something needs to be done!!
  • wajoda2002
    wajoda2002 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    uknitty wrote: »
    Someone shared a link to the pass rates for level 4 in the first quarter of 2011 on another thread, the information they gave me came from PQ magazine and was as follows:

Learning area Dec 10 Jan 11 Feb 11
    FNPF 59.6% 54.4% 52.2%
    BGT 87.8% 88.6% 88.0%
    FNST n/a 52.5% 53.0%
    PCMK 81.4% 78.1% 77.7%
    BTX 74.8% 65.5% 64.6%
    PTX 74.4% 73.2% 72.6%
    EXA 71.5% 70.7% 69.8%
    Level 4 CBTs 76.3% 71.8% 69.5%

So the % of people passing FNST is really low !

I am so fustrated atm. Just got my financial performance results and failed for the SECOND time :'( I am now only waiting for personnal tax result, but to date I have failed FNPF & FNST. Seeing these figures has made me feel a little better, but still don't know if I can carry on re sitting! If I appeal, what exactly will I get back the email doesn't really explain it?

Thanks
  • iskcel
    Options
    I recently failed FNPF (my resit is 2pm 2day!) I wanted to know what areas I failed in, although I was pretty sure I knew where I went wrong and I was correct!
    After paying the fee to find out I got a summery of each section in the exam and either met, did not meet or exceeded next to it I have copied it in below for you to see. I had a did not meet on 1.2, 1.3 & 2.2, the rest were met with two being exceeded.

Section 1 Financial performance information
    1.1 Basic costing information
    1.2 Raw materials and labour variances
    1.3 Fix overhead variances
    1.4 Standard cost reporting using an operating statement
    1.5 Statistical techniques
    1.6 Calculation of Performance indicators
    1.7 What if analysis calculations
    1.8 Advance costing techniques (e.g. Lifecycle, target costing)
    Section 2 Financial performance analysis
    2.1 Drafting reports on variance analysis (written)
    2.2 Drafting reports on key performance indicators (written)

Key:
    Exceeded (EXC) Your performance on this occasion exceeded the minimum requirements. Try to maintain this level of performance by regularly revisiting the topics covered by this task.
    Met Your performance on this occasion met the minimum requirements. To maintain or exceed this performance level you should regularly revisit the topics in this task.
    Did Not Meet (DNM) Your performance on this occasion fell below the minimum requirements. To improve on this performance you should undertake further study of the topics covered by this task.

Hope that helps in your decision.
  • wajoda2002
    wajoda2002 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Wow! That is harsh. So in response, basically 2.2 caused the re sit? I have just filled out my application now so will see. Thanks for your reply and GOOD LUCK!!!! Let me know what you think
  • Jaylosan
    Jaylosan Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    2.2 has been a common reason for resits from what I hear, a couple of friends had to resit due to that part, they passed second go, but you have to really understand the meaning behind the numbers and explain them as well as you can, I found it helped to read the questions and and the model answers to previous exam questions and understand what they were saying in the model answers, this helped me pass first time and my friends second time. Don't quit, never let them get you down, took me 6 tries to pass my driving test, but I did it, and I didn't quit! Good Luck x
  • iskcel
    Options
    Exam went well. I felt like it was alot better than the last time I sat it! Last time I knew I would fail as I just found it hard to get my head around while studying but for some reason this time it all seemed to make sense so fingers crossed I will be marked competent!

2.2 was a problem area for me before. This time around I seem to have got a better grip of what they actually want from me I think previously I have interpreted the question incorrectly.

Its just a waiting game now.

Wajoda2002 I hope the breakdown of where you were competent, exceeded and not competent make things a little clearer for you so you can concentrate on the areas where you have been struggling. Good Luck for when you re-sit :-)
Privacy Policy