Quickbooks - is it easy to learn?

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
OK - new client on Quickbooks - will be doing bookkeeping as well as accounts.

I know Sage, Farmplan, Key Accounts, VT and Solar, but not Quickbooks.

How does it compare to other packages?
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Quickbooks is really easy to work. I use it all the time. It is very user friendly and easy for clients to use too. If you can do Sage etc, you can definitely do QB !!!!!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What TC said!! :)
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Great - thanks!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Quickbooks is definitely easy to learn - especially for an experienced bookkeeper / accountant. The best thing is that is it easy to correct or delete anything if you do make any mistakes. It is generally very user friendly to use once you get familiar with it, & as the name implies quick to work with
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I was thrown in at the deep end with Quickbooks, after only learning the basics. On the whole I find it very user friendly, apart from the payroll side of it.

You could always download the free version and have a play around to get a feel for it.
  • arleneld
    arleneld Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
    I am in the same situation, I have used Sage but not Quickbooks.
    I have had a look at it, I went into Suppliers, but I could not work out where you get a list of invoices that make up the balance, showing on the right hans side.
    When I double click on the supplier, it gives me address etc, not the invoice details ??
    Thanks
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I am in the same situation, I have used Sage but not Quickbooks.
    I have had a look at it, I went into Suppliers, but I could not work out where you get a list of invoices that make up the balance, showing on the right hans side.
    When I double click on the supplier, it gives me address etc, not the invoice details ??
    Thanks

From memory, I think you can highlight the supplier and right click and select quick report.

You can also run a credits report if you look under the reports icon at the top of the screen
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'll be working at an office in Darlington for a week in a few weeks who use Quickbooks, so good to know it's easy to use :D!
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I find it too easy to use. For somebody running a small business its a an easy software, but from accountant point of view sometimes I find it a bit of a nightmare trying to truck thing back. Good luck!!
Privacy Policy