Ftax

Options
jilt
jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Is it just me or is anyone else encountering problems with ftax returns?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    What specifically? not really filed any for a few weeks.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    No I hadn't filed any for a while either. It's the client manager that they've still got problems with.

Have just a lengthy conversation with Heather who was brilliant. She told me to enter the company data manually for now instead of trying to import it using client manager. Apparently Richard is back from holiday later this week and she has a long list of things for him.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Yeah, the CM is new and I am sure it will need ironing out before it's fully functional. We have has a few issues with it but once it's sorted I think it will be ok. Richard will be on the case, I'm sure!
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Yep, I tried Ftax and it couldn't do what I needed. Had a hilarious email conversation with Richard. I hope he had a good holiday, it seemed like he needed one.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Out of interest, what was it that you needed and it couldn't do?
  • Dcollins
    Options
    Out of interest, what was it that you needed and it couldn't do?

Filing a return with a period end 30th April 2011 - should be possible as there were no tax liabilities, but I couldn't get past the first data entry screen. Ftax is waiting for the HMRC update in October and was adamant that no-one can file for any period after 31.3.11.
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Filing a return with a period end 30th April 2011 - should be possible as there were no tax liabilities, but I couldn't get past the first data entry screen. Ftax is waiting for the HMRC update in October and was adamant that no-one can file for any period after 31.3.11.

This is correct. No software house can file CT600s for periods ending after 31st March 2011. It is not a problem with FTax, other software providers report the same issue and the same reason.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    This is correct. No software house can file CT600s for periods ending after 31st March 2011. It is not a problem with FTax, other software providers report the same issue and the same reason.

Agreed - the problems is with HMRC - it's listed on the latest working together sheet.
  • Dcollins
    Options
    Agreed - the problems is with HMRC - it's listed on the latest working together sheet.

I know. Wish I didn't. But I do.

HMRC's free online software will allow filing if there are no tax liabilities, as the rate change is not relevant, but I needed to do a full return. According to HMRC their system will accept returns with a nil tax liability. Sage and Digita have told me that their new updates due out this month will allow it. I think that Alphatax should do so, but that's beyond my budget.

Tax office have given me permission to file on paper, so we'll see how that goes...
Privacy Policy