Homebase.. just dont bother if you want a invoice

katie2008
katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
ok so im really fustrated at the min,

company purchase goods via cc may 11. (online)

Seven requests later, still no vat invoice, and no paperwork to speak off apart from tatty delivery note.

Its now 10 days until our vat inspection, and Homebase/Argos group are refusing to submit a receipt to us.

its the last invoice, holding back my year end, and I cant do any work until its sorted.

Tried Consumer direct, hmrc nothing!

Just thought I would rant, warning those PLclerks.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If it was purchased online, most companies usually email an invoice with an order confirmation. I can't remember the last time i got a paper invoice from an online order. The level of customer service does sound appalling though!

If you know it definitely had VAT on it, I would be inclined to put it through, and have your sheaf of communication with them as evidence as to why you have processed it even without a VAT receipt; only a very fussy inspector would argue with that, if you have tried your hardest and you have definitely bought standard rated goods.

Good luck!
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    At month end, like yourself I was missing a VAT invoice from a credit card purchase completed by a member of staff. I asked my colleague if they had been emailed a VAT receipt or could log-in to our account on their website to print off the invoice. I was then greeted by the confident reply 'Oh, actually they don't do VAT receipts' I replied back that as the company was VAT registered that they did and asked again if they could get me a copy.

They they scoffed at me at said 'Oh well, Ill ask but I doubt I will get anything....'. It took at least 10 minutes+ of debtaing before my colleague actually did anything. All that and I was only trying get to get a valid reciept so the company could recalim the input tax. If I was doing doing your return I would do as Monsoon has already kindly suggested, you can do no more!
  • katie2008
    So, at the end of my tether last week, I asked everyone in the office to call the supplier and request a invoice.

Post arrived today, ten copies of the invoice

better than nothing I suppose!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So, at the end of my tether last week, I asked everyone in the office to call the supplier and request a invoice.

Post arrived today, ten copies of the invoice

better than nothing I suppose!

HAHAHAHAHA :thumbup:

Result x10!! :-D
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If it was purchased online, most companies usually email an invoice with an order confirmation. I can't remember the last time i got a paper invoice from an online order. The level of customer service does sound appalling though! Good luck!

This is what would have arrived, and then probably ignored by the person that ordred it.
  • katie2008
    I ordered it, and paid for it, and can confirm 100% no documents were received apart from the delivery note when it was ordered.

at least its been sorted now! :)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I find the same problem with Argos and Amazon purchases. Sometimes I do get a proper VAT invoice on delivery or by email, but sometimes you don't get anything on the delivery.

It's very annoying as I think Argos is on the same level as Homebase when trying to get an actual VAT receipt or invoice afterwards and usually I end up not claiming the VAT.
  • katie2008
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    It's very annoying as I think Argos is on the same level as Homebase when trying to get an actual VAT receipt or invoice afterwards and usually I end up not claiming the VAT.

its not suprising that argos & homebase are the same company just under two different names.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So true!

But having one as customer doesn't help in dealing with the other unfortunately!
Privacy Policy