I'm planning a year out...

Options
deano_162
deano_162 Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
Of the country, this will hopefully take place next year and I'm deadly serious with a savings account currently at £2,500 (Which is mightily impressive for a person who used to blow his wage in three weeks every month! )

Basically, if I wanted a job during part of my stay in Australia, could I do accountancy, my guess is not? Surely they have their own rules and everything will be completely different!

Any help would be so much appreciated it's untrue, google just isn't what it used to be!

Comments

• Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Don't you need a minimum of 5k to get into Australlia long term?
  • Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Sorry, just noticed you said next year. If you have an accounts background and the AAT then I don't see why you couldn't get a job over there. I'm sure they will do some parts differently but I think the AAT is recognised in most places.
  • Curzy
    Curzy Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I used to work with an Australian who was doing the reverse of you. She was in the UK for around a year, working in London.

She never seemed to have any problems working in a UK practice, so hopefully it will be the same in reverse.
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    deano_162 wrote: »
    Of the country, this will hopefully take place next year and I'm deadly serious with a savings account currently at £2,500 (Which is mightily impressive for a person who used to blow his wage in three weeks every month! )

Basically, if I wanted a job during part of my stay in Australia, could I do accountancy, my guess is not? Surely they have their own rules and everything will be completely different!

Any help would be so much appreciated it's untrue, google just isn't what it used to be!

Im going to Australia for tourism for 3 weeks, (in 28 days) and the flight alone has cost £1200+

have you taken this into account in your £2500

If you can do it, do it!
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    £1200!!! Blimey!!

I've been looking at round the world tickets for £700+ and include Australia.
Privacy Policy