Meaning of term shown in Companies House Company Record

PAMDILL
PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I have been asked to check on a Company's history as they are late paying us: there is a new section on this company's record in Companies House (previously checked prior to carrying out work)

Insolvency History:-

Case Type - Compulsory liquidation

The usual information is then shown- liquidator's name, court date etc. then the term I am not sure of: Practitioner release date? and when I go into the record there is a 'ceased to act' date.

Does this mean the case has now been dropped?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Does this mean the case has now been dropped?

That's how I would interpret it, but I am not sure.
  • PAMDILL
    Thanks, I am now trying to find a way of getting more information regarding this company's credit history. They only lodged their 2009/10 accounts on 22nd June 2011. This year is not lodged yet and as they are exempt it is only the brief set.

A lot of these company credit checking companies seem to charge for the same information I can get from Companies House.

I am sure there was a thread on here recently about credit checking companies.

Wish me luck s I dive in.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If they are or have been in liquidation, their credit score is bad - what more do you need to know?!

Good luck :)
  • PAMDILL
    I have to try to find out what the likelihood is of us getting paid what we are currently owed.

Some companies lodge a winding up order against a customer quite quickly then rescind it as soon as they are paid . This company has traded for nearly 30 years and it looks like this order is the first bad debt. I am trying to find if it is a one off and it is the one contract which we have been told payment is delayed on that is the problem or if there is an underlying problem.
  • BCASL
    BCASL Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor โญ
    I would contact the liquidators direct, for an update?
Privacy Policy