Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

CPD mileage

Paul CPaul C Well-KnownRegistered Posts: 193
Hi all,

Since I started the process to become MIP I have been attending lots of branch CPD events. One alone each month is 90 miles round trip. I've done this to meet the CPD MIP requirements and also to help with getting more up to speed on the MIP side of things.

I am getting conflicting feedback on whether this mileage is claimable as an expense in my MIP business? On the one hand I know its not 100% wholly business related as I am getting CPD and "training" out of it. But equally if I was not MIP I would not be doing this as I get all my employed CPD on the job....

Thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Comments

• MonsoonMonsoon Font Of All Knowledge FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071
    Paul C wrote: »
    I am getting conflicting feedback on whether this mileage is claimable as an expense in my MIP business? On the one hand I know its not 100% wholly business related as I am getting CPD and "training" out of it. But equally if I was not MIP I would not be doing this as I get all my employed CPD on the job....

Of course it is allowable. That is all. :)
  • Paul CPaul C Well-Known Registered Posts: 193