pre ixbrl requirements

Options
stefanboro
stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hello my lovely MIP's,

QQ : The new ixbrl requirements state that tax computations and the accounts must be submitted in ixbrl format online with the CT600. However, my understanding is that this is for accounting periods after 31/03/2010.

Ergo, would I be correct in saying that for a CT600 going back to 2008/09 I can simply submit the corporation tax return online and send the accounts in post like in the good old days of a couple of months a go?

It seems commonsensical, but I always doubt myself with HMRC. And I have had limited experience with company tax returns too.

Saying that I'm going to have use the ixbrl sooner or later....

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I believe any ct600s filed after 1st April 2011 have to be iXBRL. I could be wrong, I've not filed an older one, but my software won't let me do anything but file with iXBRL now.
  • stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Aye but I doubt this is the case with previous versions of the software. In order for me to submit the 2008/09 CT600 I have to buy the relevant year software. I doubt that I will have to attach the accounts in ixbrl format.

I ask simply because HMRC themselves state:

"From 1 April 2011, you must submit your Company Tax Return online for accounting periods ending after 31 March 2010. Additionally, your tax computations and, with very few exceptions, the accounts that form part of your Company Tax Return, must be submitted in Inline eXtensible Business Reporting Language (iXBRL) format."

A better idea would be to ring HMRC directly to clarify methinks.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Ahhh I see, yes I think my 0809 non ixbrl software will still work.
    I guess th gateway will reject the return if it's not in the right format anyway but yes, call the horses mouth and hope they give you the right answer!
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    It is my understanding that old one's don't need to be. I can choose to select PDF accounts to attach with an explanation.
    Regards,

Burg
Privacy Policy