Level 4 done - Question about MAAT

Options
c1gar
c1gar Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
Good morning all,

After 3 years, I have finally passed the AAT course (level 2, 3 and 4).

Got my last result yesterday (personal tax) and today my statement of achievement has been updated with a nice 'Congratulations on completing the Level 4 Diploma in Accounting.' I am so pleased, there are no words that can describe it!

Anyway, I applied for MAAT status a couple of weeks ago and all four criteria (application, work experience, referee and payment) have 'tick's' next to them to show they have been completed. So does this mean I am now MAAT? Do i get a certificate or at least an email to confirm? Any help or info would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    c1gar wrote: »
    Do i get a certificate or at least an email to confirm? Any help or info

You will get both, but you may have to wait. Might be worth emailing them to find out when!

Congratulations! :D
  • deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Congrats C1gar,
    I am waiting for my final result any day now (took CBA on 27th June). Then hopefully i will be all done and passed too!!!
  • c1gar
    Options
    Thanks Monsoon, are you MAAT? If so how long did you have to wait? Do you think i could start using MAAT now, or best to wait for the certificate/email?

Which result are you waiting for deborahcarpenter? I took my CBA on 22nd June and got my result 02nd August, so hopefully not too much longer for you now. Fingers crossed for you :)
  • Monsoon
    Options
    c1gar wrote: »
    Thanks Monsoon, are you MAAT? If so how long did you have to wait? Do you think i could start using MAAT now, or best to wait for the certificate/email?

Yes, years ago, and I have absolutely no idea how long it took, sorry!
    I wouldn't use the letters til you've had confirmation you've got them.
  • Woooof
    Woooof Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm in the same situation, everything passed just don't know if I can use MAAT :(
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Just call the membership team, they will let you know if you can or not :)
  • Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I got my result and about a week later I was MAAT. If you have paid your fees it won't take long to update.

You will notice you are MAAT as when you log-in to myaat it will show 'you are now logged in as 'your name' MAAT' and the display of the page itself is different.

and you'll get an email a couple of days later confirming you are MAAT and that the certificate will be sent out in the next few days (though so far that's not arrived)
  • c1gar
    Options
    Thanks for the info Craig9!

I did actually speak to membership support who advised me that my application for MAAT was successful and my date for receving MAAT status is the 10th August and will receive a certificate to confirm this about a week after the 10th.

So, what membership support have advised me seems to match perfectly with what you have told me to.

Thanks very much guys, and good luck to all who are awaiting their final results :)
  • deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi C1gar,
    I am waiting for financial performance, cba taken on 27th June.
  • c1gar
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that I am now officially MAAT.

Got an email today to confirm, and a note saying certificate will be posted within the next few days.

Its such a good feeling.

Now to decide upon ACCA or CIMA!

Regards

c1gar MAAT :D
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have just got my MAAT today, when i log in it says my name and then MAAT after it. I do know there was an elect today and payment had to be in by 3pm. the only down side is I was helping someone with the budgeting cba 2 on the forum and now i can't see the student stuff. :(
Privacy Policy