ATT after AAT

Options
vnoo
vnoo Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi
I am thinking what to do after the AAT and as i dont work in an accountants, i am thinking about doing the ATT, has anyone else gone on to do the ATT ?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm in the middle of it now. It's much more in depth than the AAT tax modules and now I'm doing it, I think it's almost essential if you want to work in practice, there is so much you don't learn at AAT. It's quite a step up, but very rewarding.
  • vnoo
    Options
    Hi Monsoon
    Thank you for your reply. Are you self teaching ? i cant afford to go to college so that is my only option.
    i am looking at the bpp books at the mo. What books are you using ?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yes, I'm self studying too, and using the BPP (TQT) books. I've bought the passcards this time round also, really want to pass my final 2 exams this November. Good luck with your study.

Remember if you did business tax at AAT then you are exempt from ATT BTAP paper.
  • vnoo
    Options
    I have ordered the BPP Study Texts now do you think i need the revision books aswell or just the pass cards ? Thank you, good luck with your exams to !
  • oh confused one
    oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Yes, I'm self studying too, and using the BPP (TQT) books. I've bought the passcards this time round also, really want to pass my final 2 exams this November. Good luck with your study.

Remember if you did business tax at AAT then you are exempt from ATT BTAP paper.

I would love to do the ATT as I really enjoyed both Personal and Business Tax units of AAT, can you possibly give me some information on it.

Thanks

Trish
  • staceylou
    staceylou Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    i too wanted to do this however to qualify i thought id read that you needed 2 years experience in tax, with my job i doubt id get this. is there any way around it to stil qualify.
  • leonag
    leonag Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    You can still sit the exams and receive a certificate of competency for each individual exam in the subject you exam covers (something for your wall), even without the experience, but you won't get the letters ATT after your name, you need the experience to get that.

Even without the experience I think ATT exams are a good thing to do, as they give a lot more in depth knowledge and in different areas to AAT, Inheritance for example. If you work for yourself the more knowledge the better, and if you're looking for a job list the individual exams on your C.V, it can only help. Once you have a job you can get the experience later, although I believe you have to keep renewing your certificates, not sure on timelines.

Leona
Privacy Policy