Possible to have my Tax results from december 10 rechecked?

Options
Kregna
Kregna Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Okay, so I failed my first 2 exams (tax and financial statements). I later had the AAT email me telling me I really passed after that huge fiasco of teachers complaining because the marking system couldn't mark properly BUT my tax exam never was corrected.

I passed EVERY exam, my simulation and my project first time but tax I failed apparently. The AAT gave everyone in my class who failed tax a free retry for some reason (I think because they knew they got our results wrong) which just isn't good enough. My friend called up to ask about it and they told him something like they couldn't get the results...

With 2 exams, a simulation and a project following my first 2 exams, I had no time to study (literally less than a day) and went into the exam not knowing how to complete 3 full questions and not being confident about the rest. Admittedly I should have retaken it immediately but I was more than a little disheartened and demotivated.

I'm not trying to sound cocky but I know I passed tax, I studied my tush off for that exam (more than any other exam), and I passed all the other ones, most of them being harder than the tax. And to be honest I don't think I would have gotten my financial statements changed to a pass had the teachers not discovered the system was broken. I'm pretty ticked off about this because had I passed I would have my certificate now and wouldn't have to tell job agencies / employers that I'm applying for that I'm still waiting for my last exam (tax).

Sorry for the long post. My QUESTION. Is there a way to get my original tax exam looked at from December? I get my results for my retake in a week or two but I'm not feeling confident and I feel I deserve to have the original looked at again

Comments

• katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I dont think you can,

I think you have to appeal within 10 days of result notification, bit too late now, by about 9 months :)

also you say you studied for less than a day, and you said that your sure you passed!

if you passed you would have been marked competant. Sorry I got told this morning that after 2 months focusing on this unit I had failed.. I am not complaining, but not making a fuss either!

the system was broken on all my exams, countless times, but I still have to accept a failure.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    katie2008 wrote: »

also you say you studied for less than a day, and you said that your sure you passed!

I think what the OP is saying that they worked hard for the Dec 10 exam which was marked not competent and then had to retake under huge pressure because they were studying for other exams at the time. So he/she is accepting the fail on the retake but is still annoyed about the Dec exam. AAT have admitted there were problems with that sitting, they gave everyone a pass on FNST because of the problems but only offered a free retake for tax. I think what they're saying is that they worked really hard for Dec 10 exam, there were problems with that sitting which AAT admitted to but they had to retake the exam rather than being given a pass.

Still doesn't get round the fact that they should have appealed earlier.
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ah right Thanks Coojee.

Its fustrating when the system crashes, but think it will still be too late to be marked.

and I quote

'' within 10 days of AAT notifying you about your level 4 CBT result. Results for level 4 CBTs require some human marking, so we will normally notify you about your result within six weeks of the assessment date''
  • Kregna
    Options
    Yep, that's it coojee, it's not a case of me being a poor sport and refusing to believe I failed.

I didn't appeal at the time because I believed I'd failed it. It was only later when I passed EVERYTHING else that I was sure I passed the first one as I revised more for than than anything else (by far) + the suspicious free retake.

As tax rates change I now have to do some studying this coming year because of the change in tax rates (I think the books typically come in late from osbourne, october/november). This means I'd have to wait until early february to find out if I passed the december exam and a month or two later to get my level 4 certificate. All for one exam, it's shocking.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I've switched my tax exam from FA2009 to FA2010 due to the issues of riotors where I was going to take my exam. I ordered the Osbourne FA2010 book off the Amazon site yesterday and got it today. There are very few changes, merely different percentages (Which are given to you in the exam), the rest is pretty much the same, what I've read so far. Kaplan & BBP books, however, weren't available.

Good luck
  • Kregna
    Options
    Thanks mousey that's good to know

Still, I guess I'll just have to hope I did better than I thought and passed this one. I'd LOVE to just have this course out the way
Privacy Policy