Wednesday 10th August 2011

Options
oh confused one
oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Good luck - in advance for all of those getting "paper based" results on this day - i guess the website and forums will be very busy hence my posting now.

I am awaiting PEV results and quite seriously don't hold any hope out for passing it :-((
This was my second attempt.

GOOD LUCK ONE AND ALL
ยซ1

Comments

• columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi

Good luck too from me, I too am awaiting PEV and not holding my breath!!! I felt confident prior to the exam and know that once again I went to pieces on section 1.

Any how, soon find out!

All the best :-)
  • oh confused one
    Options
    Hi

Good luck too from me, I too am awaiting PEV and not holding my breath!!! I felt confident prior to the exam and know that once again I went to pieces on section 1.

Any how, soon find out!

All the best :-)

I made a bit of a little mess on one part of the seasonal variations but think (fingers crossed) I did enough to pass part one.

Part two however is another matter - got all the ratios no problem but made a bit of a mess of part of the 2nd question getting totally the wrong figures (after looking at Sandys answers) for one option, but hey I am hoping for own figure calculation lol.

Would be ironic to pass section 1 and fail section 2 as that is the other way round from last attempt lol

Heres to us BOTH getting good news
  • columbia
    Options
    I am dreading this result, I failed completely the first time, failed section 1 and passed section 2 the second time, passed section 1 and failed section 2 the third time!!!

I did all my workings out on the question sheet so that the answer sheet would be neat, then found out that they don't hand that one in..............

This is the only paper I haven't passed 1st time, so I am really miffed!!!

All the best

Tracy
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I'm not sure how busy the forums will be - there doesn't seem to be many of us paper people left!! After the exams last year and earlier, the forums used to be so busy with people discussing the exam paper. This time round the threads weren't big at all!

I'm waiting for my re-take results for DFS which I failed in December. I don't think I've passed as didn't study enough but you never know!

Good luck to any others waiting for exam results tonight/tomorrow morning.
  • Jossii
    Jossii Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Good luck all.... im waiting to see if I have passed MAC - third time!!
    Fingers crossed !
    I keep checking e-mails just incase it slips through early
  • oli
    oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    With the paper based exams do you get your papers back showing you when you did well and areas for improvement or is it simply just competent or not yet competent like the CBA's?
  • Jossii
    Jossii Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi... no unfortunately you dont get papers back... its simply competent/not competent
    Not much help is it?
  • oh confused one
    Options
    oli wrote: ยป
    With the paper based exams do you get your papers back showing you when you did well and areas for improvement or is it simply just competent or not yet competent like the CBA's?

You don't get your papers back but eventually (I discovered last night) if you go on your exam results page it tells you per question whether you exceeded the level to pass, were just about ok to pass and did not make the grade.

In short though you just get competent or not competent - you have to click within the exam results to see the above
  • Henry
    Henry Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Lou1234,
    Was wondering what happened to you as you have been a bit silent for awhile.

I too am awaiting my final two results - DFS and PTC. Given what happened last time with the 15min reading time I feel a bit more confident this time with DFS but don't want to be too hasty in my predictions.

Best of luck to all.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Henry,

I've been regularly reading forum posts but there isn't anything I can do now as I'm all done except for this last exam.

Most of the posts on here now are about the computer based exams which I can't give any thoughts on! Of course, that might change after tomorrow!

Hope you pass both.
  • Henry
    Options
    Hi Lou1234,
    Thanks. I agree most of the postings these days are on CBA's as the paper exams are phased out. I really do hope that we both won't have to go on to the CBA's though.

So I hope you pass your DFS as well. Good luck for tomorrow.
  • oli
    oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Good luck to everyone awaiting results for tomorrow :-)
  • purple19m
    purple19m Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    No email....but logged into myAAT and the exam result says competent and my Technician level is completed..................yay!!!

Hope everyone gets the same news!
  • oh confused one
    Options
    nothing yet!!!!!!
  • purple19m
    Options
    Have you logged into myaat? Thats how i got mine. Good luck
  • oh confused one
    Options
    Yeah - but it still says "not yet competent with last years date!!! However on the front page of MyAAT it says "now you are qualified apply for MAAT status" is that perhaps a clue!!!!!
  • purple19m
    Options
    Maybe it is! I went to the statement of achievement and mine is on there, also in exam results mine says competent.
  • columbia
    Options
    I've done the same and it shows I just need to do my skills test now to be qualified, OMG do you think we can dare to celebrate, fingers crossed!!
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I still havent had an email - looked on my statement and it says I have passed budgeting - so I am hoping that is correct - god knows how i passed,I was convinced I had failed.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    no sleep... get up... no email
  • columbia
    Options
    Yay got my email, I finally passed PEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck everyone (although think you already know the answer!!) x
  • sasperella
    sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    failed PEV again :( CBA here I come
  • columbia
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Sasperella, it took me 4 attempts, all the best.
  • sasperella
    sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Yes that was my 3rd, maybe next time! Thank you
    Its so frustrating tho passing sectons then failing the next time Grrr
    On the upside....I excelled in Personal tax :))
  • wonderwife2008
    wonderwife2008 Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Sorry Sas :( Found out I had passed last night as the results were already on the website. So chuffed although it has taken me 6 years to do all 3 levels. Mind you have been working full time and I did have my fourth child in the middle!!! Hope everyone else got what they needed anyone progressing to ATT???
  • columbia
    Options
    Yeah Sasperlla I know what you mean as I had passed and failed opposite sections during past sittings. I am sorry that you have to swap over to CBA's as I suppose like me you have no experience of them yet.

Good news on the Personal Tax so you have reason to still celebrate. At least with the CBA's you get the results within 6 wks so you don't have too long to wait between each sitting (if required).

I still have a skills test to take by the end of the month, I had been looking at PEV instead as I thought if I failed I would put straight in for the CBA, so looks like I need to swap over to cash management studying instead!

Good luck for the future.

Tracy

ps Congrats Wonderwife!!!
  • jpye
    jpye Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    exam results

passed my tax woohoo failed pcr and pev really confuses as find pev so so easy. good luck with results to everyone else hopefully good news
  • Henry
    Options
    Passed my final two exams (DFS and PTC) so now considering whether to go for MAAT or to go further on to CIMA etc. Congratulations to all who have passed though, and for those who have failed I hope you will get through the next time around.
  • sjs22
    sjs22 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Got my results emailed at 7.22 this morning, passed DFS & PCR miraculously but I failed on PEV section1, so annoying! This means I too will have to convert to new standards to sit the CBA. Its the only one outstanding though apart from my project :(

Well done everyone that passed and good luck to anyone having to do resits.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    well done to all of you who have passed and chin up those who didn't, you will do it. i have sat and resat exams and finally passed in june. keep at it you will get there

tracy
Privacy Policy