AAT to CIMA/ACCA

sasperella
sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
So....I have had my results and still have one exam left to sit (unfortunately PEV)! Does anyone know if a student can progress on to either of the above with still one exam to go?

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You can progress, but not claim exemptions.

And I don't think you can start sitting exams without the exemptions (unless you plan to not claim them at all, in which case you have to sit the exams, which seems a bit of a waste)
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

CIMA split their qualification in two: the "Certificate" (equivalent of a first/foundation stage, like ACCA's "Knowledge" stage) and the "Professional Qualification" (like ACCA's "Skills" and "Professional" stages. You can't start the Professiona Qualification until you have completed or gained exemption from the Certificate.

Neil
  • sasperella
    sasperella Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi, yeh I have been in touche with my college that teachs acca and he has confirmed I can start but not collect exemptions etc till I pass which is what I intend to do - only problem is now I have to re practise as I have been on paper based exams AND its the variance exam - the worst one I reckon :s
Privacy Policy