AAT Further Studies

Options
jow774
jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I was reading in the AT Magazine the other month that the AAT are thinking of doing some further qualifications in specific areas. I for one would be seriously interested in this as I dont have the time or money to do ACCA or CIMA but would like to do some further study, I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything about this? I notice IFA do an IFRS course, something like that or advanced tax would be useful.

Comments

• NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

I was looking on the qualifications and credit framework website a little while back, and noticed the AAT had listed other qualifications including one for tax. I guess it just depends if they actually plan/want to offer them.

Neil
  • kazflan
    kazflan Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I hope this does happen as I do not have the time to study ACCA or CIMA.
  • NeilH
    Options
    Hi

The ACCA now offer their optional CAT papers (including tax) as stand alone certificates as part of their "Foundations in Accountancy" scheme.

Neil
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    yeah but as AAT's we are exempt from cat. ICAEW do CFAB which is sort of an inbetween chartered and AAT and IFA do professional accountant which is similar but AAT dont seem to do anything at present. im sure there must be loads of people wanting to do further study but not quite ready to commit to the years needed for chartered.
  • NeilH
    Options
    Hi

Yeah, the ACCA certificates would only be relevant if you hadn't done the equivalent at AAT. CFAB is an option, particulalrly as its the early papers of the ACA so if you wanted to carry on at a later date you have something to build on.

Neil
Privacy Policy