How long did Level 4 take you?

Options
Makkusu
Makkusu Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
How many months roughly, and how often would you study?

Quite curious to know as I'm just starting.

I'm aiming for 9-12 months but my distance learning tutor said 18-24 months is more suitable. I personally think that's waaay too long for me and she didn't take into account how often I could study so... I'll stick to my own targets.

Comments

• deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I done level 4 in 10 months. i studied a couple of hours a night. I would say it is very do-able in a year. i work full time, have a son and i am also bookkeeper for my husbands business so if i can manage it i'm sure you can!!
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I did it in 9 months started College on 13th September 2010 and did my last exam on 15th June 2011.
    Personal Tax took 4 weeks Started 16th April sat exam on 13th May,
    Budgeting took 5 weeks Started 9th May and sat exam on 15th June.
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Same as Babsa for me. Can't remember specifics, because it was a long time ago, but started mid September doing 2 evenings a week at college, while working full-time. Also studied one other evening and at weekends then finished the following June.

9-12 months is achievable.
  • Craig9
    Craig9 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Started Sep 10 to June 11 via college. Half course night classes once a week and half course open learning. Studied about 4 hours a week during course and 20 hours during exam week
  • oh confused one
    oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I did all the paper based exams and failed PEV first time round - otherwise I would have completed last year thus taking the 9 months from September to June. I would take your time so you don't have to do any resits - it is better doing CBA as there isn't a limited set time when you can take the exams - had I done all CBA's would probably have sat PEV (or whatever it is called now) a lot sooner.

Good luck with it anyway - I now am the proud owner of the Technician Level and just awaiiting my acceptance to MAAT status - it is a great feeling.
  • susiewong
    susiewong Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi, I managed level 4 in 6 months, but I had to kick and scream to get my project marked to enable me to start CIMA before the end of July. This was done via distance learning and working full time, so it is easily done if you manage your time well.

Good Luck

Susie
  • Henry
    Henry Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Perhaps it depends on the units you take for your options? If you are doing more skills tests than exams then it will take you less time and depends on your circumstances as well. Doing 5 exams and 2 skills tests (in my case) is not realistic in 6 months or 9 for that matter particularly if you have a family (including kid/s) and work full-time as well.
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Henry,
    There are no skills test for level 4, there is 5 exams and 1 project. i did spend about 6 to 10 hours a week extra study out of college.
  • Henry
    Henry Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    babsa wrote: »
    Hi Henry,
    There are no skills test for level 4, there is 5 exams and 1 project. i did spend about 6 to 10 hours a week extra study out of college.

Hi Babsa,
    In my case I came unto AAT with a previous qualification so was exempted from Stage 3. As a result I had to do the Health and Safety unit - The other "skills test" I am referring to is the project - that is what it is listed as on my record of achievement. To my knowledge on the old NVQ pathway some of the optional units were assessed as skills tests so if you chose those then you would have less exams - I am not sure about the new standards though.
  • Roro1303
    Roro1303 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    not sure if the thread is still open,

I am starting/started L4 and hoping to complete it by next summer, which will be within the average 9-12moths.
Privacy Policy