DFS- new standards

Primble
Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
hiya

so i guess i need to move across. is there a major benefit to getting the new books or are they the same thing really? Osborne call their books something a bit different is the Limited company accounts tutorial the DFS replacement?

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Primble

Yes - I think you are correct in saying that the Limited company accounts tutorial is the DFS replacement.

I can't advise whether you need to get new books or not - sorry.

All the best on the new standards.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    we used bpp books Financial Statements. ( it does cover limited company accounts).
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Primble,

I'm using the Osborne books for my studies. Yes, you are correct "Limited Company Accounts" is the textbook for the FNST unit :)
  • Primble
    ok thanks
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Primble,

I've just called my college (Premier Training) as I now need to move to the new standards. I have ordered the new book although they said things haven't changed that much. I just need a fresh new book for a fresh start.

I called the AAT as well and they have moved me over. Was on the phone for less than a minute and MYAAT is now all set for the new standards!
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    do we needto ring the AAT and ask them to transfer us to new standards? i thought it was automatic after a certain date,or am i dreaming that bit? lol
  • uknitty
    Yeah, I finished my level 3 on "old" standards and actually sat my first level 4 exam on "new" standards last week, but I was still not showing on level 4 new standards until I phoned and requested that they switch me over. It updated immediately once I had called though.
  • anniebabe
    ok thanks for that I have passed PCR but have all the other units to do - so will ring tomoz and get it changed over, thanks.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    It probably will automatically update once the countdown is over on the homepage. If you are moving over you might as well give the AAT a call. It was a really quick call and my page updated straight away.
  • anniebabe
    will be going to college in a few weeks to finish level 4, suppose it wont hurt to give them a bell.
  • Primble
    now ringing them. just waiting to hear back from DLP about what i have to do for them. i only want to sit in norwich, i've ordered the bpp books off amazon for another perspective
  • Primble
    are there two exams for financial statements. on my SOA it has the heading financial statemements then there are two things listed below?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Primble

Only one exam for FNST (DFS).
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Primble
    cool thanks. Kaplan have said i don't need to do anything for them so i'll just have to wait for the books to arrive
  • uknitty
    Most of the level 4 exams cover 2 "learning areas" one is usually "principle of" (which is covered by the written theory questions) and the other is the actual "drafting of"(tested by the practical exercises)
Privacy Policy