Is this odd?

stefanboro
stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Just browing through the manuals and found one section like this:

(This text has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)(This text has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)

Here's the link:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM31210.htm

Never seen that before. What sort of content does it relate to?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It's stuff HMRC don't want you to know and can legally withhold. Remember these manuals are HMRC's internal guidance.

I can't think what in terms of mileage allowance guidance they would want to withhold though!
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Monsoon wrote: »
    It's stuff HMRC don't want you to know and can legally withhold. Remember these manuals are HMRC's internal guidance.

I can't think what in terms of mileage allowance guidance they would want to withhold though!

At a guess I'd say it was something like, MP's, HMRC staff etc etc can get paid as much mileage allowance as they like or paying them £2000 per month and calling it a mileage allowance regardless of whether they use their own car is acceptable. Or am I just being cynical?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    coojee wrote: »
    At a guess I'd say it was something like, MP's, HMRC staff etc etc can get paid as much mileage allowance as they like or paying them £2000 per month and calling it a mileage allowance regardless of whether they use their own car is acceptable. Or am I just being cynical?

Probably hit the nail on the head.
Privacy Policy