CBT Exam Fees

Options
jenny3549
jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Wow - just been told I have to pay £50 for my next CBT - I only paid £35 last time. I do distance learning with Kaplan so don't know if it is them or the AAT putting the price up so much.

43% price hike just seems an awful lot to me!!

Ouch - I really have to pass now.

Comments

• stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    The extra £15 is Kaplan administration charge!!

I know its ridiculous I dont know why they have decided to charge this all of a sudden!
  • jenny3549
    Options
    That is harsh - when I said that it had gone up a lot they said it was the AAT!!!!

Charming!
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I noticed that too! I had booked one in August for £35, changed it to September and it's now £53! Luckily I'm not paying but that's beside the point it's utterly ridiculous!
  • stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Well thats what we were told!

I know darn right cheeky if you ask me...not sure if you can book direct with the AAT or not. It doesn't really effect me as my employer pays for my course and exam fees. I only have to pay the exam fees if I have to re take an exam for the 3rd time.
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I've always had to pay the extra £15 to Kaplan because I sit exams at their centres as an external student.

I think it is fair enough to charge the extra admin fee if you have not paid them for the course but you still want to use their facilities (i.e. like I do) but if you have alreadly stumped up hundreds (thousands if you do all three levels !) to study AAT at their centre, the extra charge is a bit rich !
  • ajm
    ajm Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The AAT price is going up £3 from 1st September, the rest is all Kaplan.
  • jenny3549
    Options
    uknitty wrote: »
    I've always had to pay the extra £15 to Kaplan because I sit exams at their centres as an external student.

I think it is fair enough to charge the extra admin fee if you have not paid them for the course but you still want to use their facilities (i.e. like I do) but if you have alreadly stumped up hundreds (thousands if you do all three levels !) to study AAT at their centre, the extra charge is a bit rich !

Agreed. As I've already paid them for the whole level 4 course I do feel a bit cheated that they are suddenly charging me £15 on top of the AAT fee. It's galling as it's a sudden change - and their website still says the same thing it did last year - that the charge covers everything except the exam fee which goes direct to the AAT! Think they should make it a bit clearer now that only some of it goes to the AAT, the rest is an additional charge.
Privacy Policy