Grants when starting up your own business

Options
AmyRichardson
AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All

I have contact with a self employed accountant who is willing to give a lot of bookkeeping work to myself.

In order to do this I would need to set up my own business, become self employed as it would be too much work with my current full time job.

I have been reading about Grants and start up advice. Has anyone had a grant to set up their own accountancy/bookkeeping company?

Thanks

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Highly unlikely. Grants tend to be for the long-term unemployed and generally for under 25s or over 50s. Good luck though.
  • AmyRichardson
    AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am 19 :)
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Well in that case I would ask at your local Job Centre!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    T.C. wrote: »
    Highly unlikely. Grants tend to be for the long-term unemployed and generally for under 25s or over 50s. Good luck though.

A while back they we're handing grants for small bsuiness start ups quite easily. A few of my friends got them, none unemployed. Recently another found the funding had dried up. It varies a lot from area to area though. But with the increasing unemplyment its likely new schemes will be coming available.
  • Ronnie
    Ronnie Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Check with your local Business Link or their website. They run free courses for persons wanting to start up in business, but not sure if they still give grants.
Privacy Policy