office space

mike1983
mike1983 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everybody,

I am thinking of moving to an office in either Liverpool or Manchester and I have come across lots of serviced office space.

I have been offered a private two man office, including internet and phone, for 185 per month.

Does anybody use or have come across these before and are they good for business?

I'm currently working from home but have a space issue so need to move on. Also my current location is a bit 'off the radar' when it comes to searches on Google.

Kind Regards

Mike

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'd ask about who looks after and maintains the phone and internet connections. I've know people to really struggle with internet connections like these if they're not properly set up. Hopefully security will be ok, as you'd be sharing with other users in the building. And also the speed of connection, so check the speed of the line and how many shared users.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Including everything, that's not a bad price, especially if it's in a good location. When I first moved it was to a 9' x 12' room (so really only 1 person) for £1000pa plus internet, plus phone.

Moving from home to office? Best thing I ever did.
  • mike1983
    thanks

Many thanks for your replies.

PGM - thanks I never even thought about internet connection speed. I will have to make sure on security too.

Monsoon - thanks, when you moved to office did this help you gain new clients?
  • Monsoon
    Mike, I've no idea. It helped me, and it helped the business, both of which are good things. :)
  • PGM
    £185 does sound like a good deal, you'll have to check the vat and rates on top of this?

Is there a seperate charge for elec/gas/heating?

I know two people that happily work from home, because they're one man bands, they're happy to stay small and keep revenue going to themselves rather than overheads.

Another previous colleague has premises that were bought because of good location, to be seen by passing traffic.

I suppose there's a few factors to consider!
  • mike1983
    its all good!!

I've just been to view it and it looks fantastic. Its 165 per month plus VAT. That includes rent, heat and light, rates, internet and telephone. Its a fairly big office with 2 workstations and furniture in a great location.

I think I'm going to accept it.

Thanks very much for all your input and views, they are very much appreciated.
  • PGM
    That does sound like amazing deal, maybe they're renting out at cost or something rather than leaving empty. But well found, hope it works out for you!
  • mike1983
    Thanks,

I just hope its not too good to be true. Hopefully being in a central location will bring more clients
  • Curzy
    Curzy Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ⭐
    My only experience of a serviced office was when a client rented an office from Regus. They seem to add on lots of extra's every month which just made the cost build up and up. If your deal includes phone, internet H&L etc then it sounds like you have a good deal.

Good luck with it all and I would be interested to hear if it brings you new clients.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It may just be an idea to ask if there are additional 'maintenance charges' which are invoiced separately. Also, double check the car parking situation too.

Good luck - sounds like a fab opportunity!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • PGM
    anniem wrote: »
    It may just be an idea to ask if there are additional 'maintenance charges' which are invoiced separately. Also, double check the car parking situation too.

Good luck - sounds like a fab opportunity!

There is a lot of things you think about after. Insurance, have you got a quote for contents insurance?
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    mike1983 wrote: »
    I've just been to view it and it looks fantastic. Its 165 per month plus VAT. That includes rent, heat and light, rates, internet and telephone. Its a fairly big office with 2 workstations and furniture in a great location.

I think I'm going to accept it.

Thanks very much for all your input and views, they are very much appreciated.

My brother used serviced offices a few years ago and thought the price was great - to start with. They charged admin fees on top of call charges, an admin / staff fee if they answered calls for him, etc. Double check all the 'extras' just to be sure as it could work out a lot more than you expect.

Good luck.
  • Monsoon
    PGM wrote: »
    There is a lot of things you think about after. Insurance, have you got a quote for contents insurance?
    The cheapest you can get this is around £250 and that includes public and employers liability as standard.

If anyone knows of cheaper please shout.
Privacy Policy