Corporation Tax - Supervision Licence

Good morning

Just got a quick question. My dad has a small Ltd co, he has been keeping manual records, and needs to submit his accounts to HMRC.

I have entered everything into Sage for him so that it produces a P&L and Balance Sheet, and he would like me to enter this information onto the HMRC website on his behalf.

Obviously I have not asked for any payment from my Dad for doing this, but I wanted to know if the AAT would expect me to have a Supervision Licence in place before I did this for him.

Could anyone help please.




  • Monsoon
    Monsoon FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 4,071 🎆 🐘 🎆
    Are you a full member?

    If not, you can do what you like as long as it's within your competence and you don't mention the AAT.

    If you are, I would expect this counts as voluntary work, which means contacting the MIP team and filling in a form, but no fees payable (I think).
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580
    Hi Monsoon

    Many thanks for your reply, I am not yet a full member and there is no need to mention the AAT in the returns.

    In fact as it is for my Dad's first year of trading, there are not a lot of transactions and my Mum had kept a good set of manual accounts, so other than keying it into Sage and filling in the online forms, they had already done most of the workings.

    I think I l know what I will be doing this weekend!

    Thanks again

Privacy Policy