New AAT Student

jamieleeuk
jamieleeuk Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Looking for some advice / links.

A returning student looking to start from the very beginning again (AAT 1)

I said I would come back once my children started school and that's just what has happened so here I am.

I would like to do the course by distance learning but am unsure how it all works and who I should go with.

I am based in Manchester.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hello,

The big two providers are Kaplan and BPP,

google the colleges, and see the prices and see who you prefer..

Which unit are you doing first?
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hello,

The big two providers are Kaplan and BPP,

google the colleges, and see the prices and see who you prefer..

Which unit are you doing first?

There are other providers aswell; eagle, Premier etc. It pays to shop around and not just look at price. Read up on other people's experiences with BPP, Kaplan etc, some of the posts on here aren't very complimentary about these 2 providers.
  • garfield
    garfield Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi

I study distance with BPP and go to Liverpool to sit exams. I find the learning materials really good, and they have always processed my results promptly.

They are a bit let down by the admin side, it sometimes takes a few phone calls and emails to sort things out, and they are a bit pricey. I started at college for the first two levels so have only used them for level 4.

Since moving on to new stanadards, I have used the online classroom. For this, you get an assigned tutor, who keeps in touch weekly by email, telling you where you should be up to, and what to cover in the week ahead. You also have a forum where you can post questions, and interact with other students. They send the books out to you, and the book content is also available online. I believe for some of the units there are online lectures, but there weren't any for CRMC which I'm about to take the exam for, so can't comment on those.

Previously, I did old - fashioned distance, where they just send the books and you work through and take exams when you are ready. I didn't use any support services for this, although there was a facility to ring or email a tutor. I believe in the past, students have bought the books only (which is a lot cheaper), then entered exams, but not sure if anyone still takes external students, so you'd have to check if this was still do-able.

HTH

Lisa
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I studied Distance Learning and am based in Scotland. I went with Premier Training in Immingham and I can recommend them highly. Their prices were reasonable and if I had any queries I just emailed them and if my designated tutor wasnt available someone else always got back to me. I have recommended them quite a few times on here now and no I amnt on Commission I just found them to be good at what they do. Studying is stressful enough without having a decent provider.

Good Luck with your Studies!:001_smile:
  • jamieleeuk
    jamieleeuk Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Cheers everyone.
Privacy Policy