Direct entry to level 4

rajani556
rajani556 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor šŸø
Hi People,

I am a part qualified management accountant, B.Com graduate. Planning to get into AAT level 4 directly basis on my education nad work experience. I have 6+ yrs of work experience.

AAT is saying that if I clear level 4 exams, I will get the level 4 certification but not for level 3.

Now, what does that mean? If I clear level 4, why would I need level 3 certificate?

Can anyone please answer?

Regards!

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor šŸ˜
    I think the main (if only) effect it would have on you would be you may not be able to claim full exemptions from some chartered qualifications ?

I know for ACA you have to have completed both level 3 and level 4 for AAT to claim exemptions.

http://www.icaew.com/en/qualifications-and-programmes/cfab/cfab-students/cfab-computer-based-assessments/credit-for-prior-learning

I'm not sure about how it would affect your ability to claim exemptions from CIMA and ACCA - there are lots of people on here who will know the answer to that though !

If you are not planning on going on to further study then missing out level 3 probably won't matter. You'll still be able to qualify as MAAT and also work as a MIP if that is where you see yourself headed.

If you think you may use your AAT a basis for chartered qualifications it may be worthwhile getting your level 3 done. You probably won't need to enrol with a training provider to sit it, I'd just grab the text books and get the exams out of the way. There is of course still the cost of the exams to consider, but it does cut about a year off any studies at chartered level.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    uknitty wrote: Ā»
    If you think you may use your AAT a basis for chartered qualifications it may be worthwhile getting your level 3 done.

Or check with the chartered qualification if you can claim exemptions from your previous education! :)
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor šŸ˜
    Rinske wrote: Ā»
    Or check with the chartered qualification if you can claim exemptions from your previous education! :)

Yes, I agree, why spend the time doing AAT level's 3 and 4 to get exemptions to a chartered qual when you may get those exemptions anyway from the quals and experience you already have. And even if you don't, it would be easier to sit all the chartered exams rather than spend 2-3 years getting your AAT. In that time you could be almost chartered even without any exemptions.
Privacy Policy