Old AAT standars

Options
Kasia79
Kasia79 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi,
I am doing Level 3 AAT old standars, I have one outstanding ECR simulation which I will be sitting next week. What happen if I fail and not will be able to finish by 30th September. Does this mean I have to repeat all Level 3?

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Most likely you get exemptions for the units you completed, but you will have to take the full comparable unit again for ECR, so if you passed the exam, you would still have to redo that one.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi,
    I am doing Level 3 AAT old standars, I have one outstanding ECR simulation which I will be sitting next week. What happen if I fail and not will be able to finish by 30th September. Does this mean I have to repeat all Level 3?

I was told by the AAT that you don't need to do the simulation for ECR and FRA to get the exemptions to Accounts Prep and Costs and Revenues. Diploma students sat exactly the same exam as you and got the exemptions for those exams, that's why you get the exemption as well. Unlike Level 2 PLB/IAC, the PLB exam wasn't the same so doesn't exempt you from Basic Accounting whereas IAC does.

I'd check with the AAT if I were you.
  • Kasia79
    Kasia79 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Thank you for comments even I am not working in Finance but I have been doing this level on NVQ rute that's why I have been told I have to sit both FRA & ECR simulation. I will check this with AAT All I want is to finish this level and move to level 4. I passed ECR exam and did 50% sim correct can't understand why I coudn't receive additional questions.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi,

If you complete the simulation, you will have completed AAT Intermediate (level 3) under the old standard.

If you do not complete the simulations and convert to the new standards, you will only be issued a level 3 certificate after completion of all 7 units. However, you will be given exemtions from the following units;

AP1.AP3
    Cost and Revenue
    Indirect Tax (VAT)
    Cash management (if completed under the old Diploma)

Therefore you will have to study and attemt CBE/CBP fro the following

Ethics
    Spreadsheet
    Cash Management (only if you have attempted AAT intermediate under NVQ standards)

Advise

Get your missing simulation completed to get a full leve 3 qualification
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Thank you for comments even I am not working in Finance but I have been doing this level on NVQ rute that's why I have been told I have to sit both FRA & ECR simulation. I will check this with AAT All I want is to finish this level and move to level 4. I passed ECR exam and did 50% sim correct can't understand why I coudn't receive additional questions.

Additional questions is only given to students who are 80% competent.Under the NVQ standards you need to be 100% competent and thus the remainin 20% can be assessed by additional questions.

Otherwise you will have to attempt a new assessment.
Privacy Policy