PAYE/CIS Investigation

Options
Poodle
Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi,

Having spent many years warning contractors/employers regarding record keeping for CIS/PAYE I have today received my first HMR&C investigation for a client.

My Husband!!!!

Julia

P.S. Any exerience advice appreciated.

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Divorce?
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If you have nothing to hide, no worries. Just make sure that you are acting for your "client", not your husband. Book them an appointment at your office, as you would any client (your husband does not need to be there). Have available the relevant paperwork and offer them sufficient time to look through it and photocopy anything they feel they need to (let them bring their own paper). Limit their time to that arranged. If it is only PAYE/CIS, this should be relatively simple. Have they specified what they are investigating? Is your "client" a CIS contractor or sub-contractor?
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thank you Dean, I will give that a go, LOL.

TC, They have not really specified any one thing. They would like to see all CIS vouchers received and copies of those supplied, as a contractor and sub contractor. plus all bank statements reconciling the payments to the vouchers.

The request is to have these items mailed to them no visit has yet been suggested. Do not worry if a visit is suggested then my "client" will definately be busy, possibly out of the country....

Hey ho.
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Good luck Poodle. As long as you have got all the records I couldn't worry about it.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    This is usual for CIS. I have recently sent off CIS statements for a client - they just check these every now and then. If all is straight I wouldn't worry, but I would chase them in a few weeks to check that they have completed their checks.
Privacy Policy