PAYE Client Registration

BensteadBookkeeping
BensteadBookkeeping Registered Posts: 12 Regular contributor ⭐
I have registered as a tax agent with HMRC and have recently setup a client as an employer. This has been complete and I have done the online authorisation and just waiting for my client to receive the authorisation code.The only part I am unclear on is the the Gateway user I'd and password for my client. Would my client to register for this online to use the PAYE Online Services or could I do this on his behalf?

Thanks in advance

Dean

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    If you have requested electronic authorisation and they are getting you the code once it arrives, you look after their account via your agent HMRC login.

If they want to use HMRC online themselves, they would need to register as a user separately to anything you do.
  • BensteadBookkeeping
    Thanks Monsoon. I'm using 12Pay and wasn't sure who's Gateway ID and password it was referring too. Cheers.
  • Monsoon
    Yay for 12Pay!

Use yours and select 'agent' in the drop down box where it says who is sending the submissions.
  • Monsoon
    PS you don't need HMRC authorisation to be able to file for them on 12Pay. HMRC auth means you can see their info online on their own website. :)
  • BensteadBookkeeping
    Thanks Monsoon, I never knew that
Privacy Policy