Unit 10 Interview

Tube
Tube Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I have my unit 10 interview very soon and was wondering if anyone could shed any light as to what kind of questions they'll be asking. The interview is going to be done over the phone.

Thanks

Comments

• Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

I had my interview for Unit 10 recently. It lasted for about 15-20 minutes and consisted of about 6 questions. A couple of them were about my report, e.g briefly summarise all of your recommendations. Then a couple were related to general accountancy knowledge and my job role e.g what would you do in this particular situation?

There shouldn't be anything to worry about. Make sure you have a copy of your report with to, so you can refer to it for the questions about your report and also have a pen and some paper handy to write down any questions you want to have a quick think about the answer.

It would be a good idea to have a quick read through you report beforehand to re-familiarise yourself with all of the issues, unless you have finished it very recently.

Mainly just try and have a quick think about the question, before you answer.

Hope this helps

Claire
  • Tube
    Hi Claire,

Thanks for the reply.

I hope I can answer the accounting questions. I don't work in an accounting background. Everything I studied was well over a year ago and haven't been able to put into practice.

I'll have to dig out my accounting books.........looks like I be doing some revision....
  • Claire321
    I honestly wouldn't worry - you should have everything you need (in your head) from your studies. Just take you time to spend a few seconds thinking about your answer. It is likely that the questions will be broadly related to scenario in your case study (if you used that) - mine were, and you're probably be well familiar with that by now!

I really won't worry about getting out your books and revising!
  • Tube
    Hi Claire,

You were so right. I had nothing to worry about.

I had my interview and they asked me 6 simple questions, a couple on the project and a few on accounting questions.

I am now competent in Unit 10......

Just need to get the unit signed off by the internal verifier, which can take anything upto 3 weeks, who will then pass the results onto AAT.

That's all my units done now. I'm so please I've completed it.
  • Claire321
    Glad you found it okay. I know it's such a nice feeling when you're told that you are competent after all months of hard work.

I was lucky - managed to have my Unit 10 internally verified and updated with in The AAT in two & a half weeks. I did Chase it up though!

Who is your learning provider? I was with BPP home study.
  • Tube
    I'm with BPP as well.

Fingers crossed that mine will be verified in the same amount of time.
  • Claire321
    If you are keen for your result to be updated with The AAT quickly I would recommend emailing BPP (aathomestudy@bpp.com) after a couple of weeks & ask if they can advise when this will be. This usually prompts them to get it done!
  • Tube
    Thanks for the tip.

Will certainly do that.
Privacy Policy