CoHo Amended Accounts

stefanboro
stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Heidi Hi

Need some advice about submitting amended abbreviated accounts to companies house.

I gather that all you have to do is present the accounts as normal for the period but include "Amending" on the cover page?

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/infoAndGuide/faq/amendingAccounts.shtml

Is that all?

And where do you put "amending"? I have mine just above the date and just below the title "Abbreviated Accounts".

Many Tah's in advanced you nice people.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I just stick it one the cover and on the directors report in the title.
  • Hollysan
    Hollysan Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hello Stefanboro and Monsoon,

I have to submit some amended accounts next week as well.... so I was interested to read your posts and had a look at the link, and notice that the advice includes instructions to say why the accounts have been revised and how they differ. Monsoon, do you do this? I haven't had to submit amended accounts since I worked in a practice and we never did this - is it a requirement of Co Act 2006 which has passed me by?!

Also, I submitted my accounts electronically. Can you re-submit electronically or would you send in a hard copy?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Hollysan
  • PaulPSB
    PaulPSB Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
    It might help taking a read of this:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/373/contents/made

Paul
  • Monsoon
    You can now only amend accts at coho if the original ones breach CA2006.
  • Hollysan
    Thank you for your replies, and wish me luck wading through that legislation...

Hollysan
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Morning all, thought I'd add this to this thread as same topic.

I filed some amended accounts with companies house last week for a new client. The directors had produced their own balance sheet and filed it as they were about to the hit the deadline and didn't want a fine.

As they have very little accounting knowledge the balance sheet was of course incorrect and amended accounts had to be filed. I called companies house to ask exactly what wording they required and didn't really get an answer, was just told 'send them in and if it's not right we'll send them back explaining exactly what is required' - isn't that what I've just asked!

I added to amended to the cover , the balance sheet and the notes and sent a covering letter explaining why they had to be refiled and that the original accounts hadn't been distributed to anyone else other than Companies House.

Surprise surprise, my client received a letter yesterday from them:

'Thank you for your enclosed document. .Unfortunately, we have been unable to accept it for the following reason(s) :
    The attached accounts were received at Companies House on 17/10/2011. A set of accounts with a balance sheet date of 31/01/2011 has already been received and accepted for filing. It would appear that the attached accounts are a duplicate set.

If you are intending to file these accounts to amend the set previously filed, please mark the front page "Amending".' :cursing:
  • Monsoon
    jilt wrote: »
    I added to amended to the cover , the balance sheet and the notes and sent a covering letter

[...]

If you are intending to file these accounts to amend the set previously filed, please mark the front page "Amending".'

:lol: Typical!
  • stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    God! I thought HMRC were pedantic!!!

Thanks for the insight Jilt - very much appreciated :)
  • Hollysan
    It worked for me

Hello everyone,

Just spotted this and thought I would tell you what happened after I sent in the accounts mentioned in my previous post...

I filed the first set electronically, and then ran Co Hse two days later to ask their advice about sending in amended accounts. Jilt, they pretty much told me the same thing; to send them in as long as they were marked as amended. I also sent a covering letter to explain the circumstances, and marked the front sheet, B/S and notes as Amended, in red ink for good measure! They accepted them.

I wonder if it was because they hadn't processed the original set, as they had not been marked as received on the website when I sent the amended accounts in?

Hollysan
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I sent then again with the word Amending in bold on the front cover and with a covering letter explaining that they were amended accounts and referred to their letter.

Hopefully this time they will accept them! I live in hope.
Privacy Policy