Confirmation of PII and Qualification for client

Options
GinnyBee
GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor 🦉
A new client has asked me to provide him with evidence of my insurance and MIP status. What do you think is the best way to do this? Would you just send him a copy of your practising licence and insurance certificates or are there numbers he should be ringing?

Thanks, another new one for me.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I would advise him of your licence number with the AAT, and advise that PII is compulsory in order to get a practicing licence, and give him the AAT phone number to verify what you've said.

I would do that before I start copying certificates etc. I'd feel really odd sending someone my PII certificate. I'd probably tell them where to go; anyone wanting a copy of your indemnity insurance might be ringing alarm bells of problem client.

Edited to add: cynical and jaded - me? :lol:
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If you google finding accountants you come across thousands of the qualified/unqualified debates. One of the main 'bonuses' of using a qualified accountant is that they have to have PI insurance and have the back up of their professional body.

I would suggest that this client has done his research and just wants reassurance, I don't see a problem with letting him have a copy of the certificate, you never know maybe he's been burnt before???
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I scan copies of my certificates and email but also provide links to where to find me on the AAT and ACCA websites.
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I've never been asked for this kind of information but I don't see a problem with providing it.

A client of mine is a coach operator and his customers always want to see copies of his operator's licence and insurance documents before they'll consider using him, I guess it's a similar thing.
  • RAS
    RAS Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Personally I would not be keen to send copies. When signing up a client I would show them my Practising Cert and PI insurance if requested.
Privacy Policy