Optional Units

Options
JohnG
JohnG Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Which optional units are you taking? My college only does Business Tax and Personal Tax, so I'm stuck with those. My lecturer says Auditing is mind numbingly boring, and Credit Control isn't all that good either.

Is anyone taking more than 2 optional units?

Comments

• Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    My College is doing the same as yours.
    I have been told that business tax and personal tax has similar properties. And my lecturer said the same as you, they tried to do auditing once and it was like pulling teeth.
    But these were the subjects I wanted to learn, so I'm quite happy. I don't know if your allowed to learn the extra units after yourself.
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    We dont have any choice either - we have to do the Tax units - they dont teach the others.
    But thats the last of my worries at the moment - struggling with Financial Performance.
  • Diddy Mau
    Options
    Anniebabe,
    I've just started Financial Statements. Wow alot different from level 3.
    no social life for me :-)
  • anniebabe
    Options
    We only started it yesterday - havent got a clue how i am going to remember these variances - but i am sure i am not the only one to have said that on here!
    Very different from level 3 :/
    which books are you using ? if you pick up any good tips on these variances will you let me know pllleeeeease! x
  • Diddy Mau
    Options
    Anniebabe,
    I think we are on different subjects. I'm sure financial Statements and financial performance are different subjects.
    I go to college, and they have provided everything I need. I mean I haven't used any books yet, so I don't know what's good. All I know is Kaplan level 2 & 3 were full of mistakes, when other people have used them.
    The Variences mean nothing to me yet, sorry. I'm trying to get my head around the International Accounting Standards.
    No longer allowed to call them P&L and B/S but Income Statements and Statements of Financial Position, grrrrrr ;-)
  • adiba
    adiba Registered Posts: 53 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Anniebabe,

I'm also studying the Financial Performance unit at the moment and have my CBA in a few weeks time. Regarding the variances, I wouldn't worry too much, I was the same as you at first and thought there was no way I'd be able to remember them all but now that I'm revising and going through past papers, I'm finding that it gets much easier with practice!
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hi Adiba
    Good Luck with your exam - I am only just starting on Financial Performance.
    I can remember saying similar things about ECR - that it got easier with practise - I just hope that its true - lol
    I managed to pass Budgeting - so I am not giving up on it just yet. Its early days. My exam isnt till 13th December and only doing this one unit at the moment - so plenty of time :/ lol

Can you tell me if you have used the past paper exams for revision or not - not sure whether to print them off or to leave it.
  • adiba
    Options
    Anniebabe

Yes I did use the past papers, the more practise the better!
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hi Abida
    will print off the past papers too then - just wasnt sure - with the exams changing.
    thanks.
    Oh! congrats on passing Budgeting!:)
  • adiba
    Options
    Thanks Anniebabe

And as for the past papers, although they are the old standards, I find that a lot of the questions and layout etc are still pretty similar so it really helps.
Privacy Policy