Active & Longest Serving Members

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
So who got the PM from AAT about ways to improve the Forums. I did and it said they were contacting the most "Active & Longest Serving Members" Are they trying to tell me I spend too much time on the Forums! :laugh:

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yeh me too. I have no life ;)
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Me also!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yup, me too.

Cause I'm a pro, innit :D.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    me too, anyone reply yet?
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Me too. I did send an email and got one back saying will be in touch in the near future.
    Regards,

Burg
  • AK002
    Options
    Yup, I agreed to help :).
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yep I got one too, haven't replied yet though
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Slightly confused as to why I have also had a message, as far as I'm aware ive only posted 376 posts including this one?

Compared to the likes of AVic and Blobby im just a newbie
  • AK002
    Options
    Maybe everyone got it, lol.
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I got one, not had as many posts as some but I was a member of the old forum so maybe its to do with that?
  • Monsoon
    Options
    *Jo wrote: ยป
    Slightly confused as to why I have also had a message, as far as I'm aware ive only posted 376 posts including this one?

Compared to the likes of AVic and Blobby im just a newbie

You've been a member since 2008 though... :)
  • *Jo
    Options
    Aww of course its the fact I took forever to complete the qualification lol.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I got one too! :)
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I got one too.. What's everyone replying?

B x
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Keep vBulletin, it's awesome.

Replace Rep with a Thanks button.

Give us more smileys. In a previous petition, the reason quoted for limiting posts to one smiley was "to stop spam." Other forums stop spam without draconian smiley culling and I'm hoping a vB software upgrade will mean we can do the same here :)

Following on from that, I suggested community moderators as well as the AAT web team to help them out.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm in! Is it a bit like having a Golden Wonka Bar????? :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • *Jo
    Options

Give us more smileys. In a previous petition, the reason quoted for limiting posts to one smiley was "to stop spam." Other forums stop spam without draconian smiley culling and I'm hoping a vB software upgrade will mean we can do the same here :)

Following on from that, I suggested community moderators as well as the AAT web team to help them out.

Yes i'm gonna be asking for a thanks button and why I never got a reply to my post requesting the same a couple of months ago!

Also found as the new qualification kicked in it got harder to follow what unit people were studying so it would be good if we could have individual threads per unit as well as level just to help things for student members.

Another forum I used to go on had moderators who would merge threads of a simular nature which was a fantastic way of keeping everything together and helped when searching on a particular unit.

For now I've just emailed back saying i'm willing to participate and have'nt put in my suggestions as yet.
  • PGM
    Options

I agree keep vBulletin. I know a few forums that chop and change software too much, its not software that makes a good forum. But still, some updates would help, maybe expand it to other less accounting sections to make it feel more of a community.

And with this the community moderators would help, keeps more involvement with community members and they'll put more into the forum!
  • jamieleeuk
    jamieleeuk Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I didn't get one :_(
  • Monsoon
    Options
    I didn't get one :_(
    Probably because you've only got 5 posts, even though you've been here years, I expect.
  • AK002
    Options
    Yeah post count is everything :P
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Well I got one too. Must say I was surprised as my post count is less than 300 but then I got thinking.... That really doesn't reflect the amount of time I spend on here (I read more than I post, maybe I'm shy) so maybe they have some way of tracking time spent on the forum. Ooooh very Big Brother!!
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    i got one when i have only been watching the forums without being signed in
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi all,

Just to keep you updated: we'll be following up with those of you who replied to the original message shortly. We'll probably be asking you to complete a short survey to help inform the future forum development.

Some of you have already emailed through some great suggestions, so the survey may require you to repeat yourselves - apologies for that! Thanks for being so helpful and willing to share your thoughts.

If you received the message and haven't replied yet, but you'd like to be involved in the process, please do email the address in the private message within the next week or so.

Thanks everyone!

Stuart
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I have replied. So do we get entered into a Prize Draw for a Box of Mintolas or Opal Fruits for taking part? :thumbup1:
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I have replied. So do we get entered into a Prize Draw for a Box of Mintolas or Opal Fruits for taking part? :thumbup1:
    Or other candies of choice?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Though my posting has become considerably less and more mellow in recent times, five and a half years and around five thousand posts later, I'm still here!

AFKAP (Accountant formerly known as Peugeot) aka Steve Collings and Blue Wednesday have been here for decades...
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Me too!

(Well, to the still here not the five thousand posts obviously)
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I received an email yesterday asking me to take part in a survey, so it's looks as though they're now doing another one. Either that or my email was seriously delayed in cyberspace! They've referred to me as a regular user of the forum, didn't realise I posted that much, oh dear!
  • PGM
    Options
    This is my second account, first one was about 6 years ago when I first started AAT, I stopped using it, either it was deactivated or I forgot the account name..
Privacy Policy