Lost job :-(

Options
oli
oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
Due to financial problems at the company I worked for, they had to terminate my employment. They said they would give me a good reference which is good. Really hope I can find some work soon.

On the bright side I am attending my first branch event tomorrow, is there anything I should/need to take with me?

Comments

• Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, its a tough climate we're working in, hope you're not feeling too down!

I'm sure you will find something soon. If you're MAAT then that should hold you in good stead.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Oli but hopefully something will turn up, had to fight to keep mine a couple of times this year, I was one of the lucky ones but we have just lost 2 Management Accountants.
  • oli
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am MAAT so hopefully should hold me in good stead, it was not much of a shock for me as I could sense something was going to happen as we were not getting enough money in from clients. I have been looking for work for the last month as this problem has been apparent for a while now, I also will look for a more stable working environment.

I think a lot of companies are having to cut back due to the bad economic climate. I really hope that things will pick up not just for me but everyone :-)
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hard luck.

You've got a positive approach though which is good.

Good luck with the hunt.
  • oli
    Options
    Update - got a working interview on Monday as an interim accounts assistant, if they like me it should hopefully last for 1-2 months which should keep me in work for that bit longer :-)
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    oli wrote: »
    Update - got a working interview on Monday as an interim accounts assistant, if they like me it should hopefully last for 1-2 months which should keep me in work for that bit longer :-)
    Fingers crossed for you, let us know how you go on

Jan :001_smile:
  • oli
    Options
    Will definately keep you updated :-)
Privacy Policy