Spreadsheet and ITX Level 3

Options
elenmarkova
elenmarkova Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I am starting Level 3 now, I was wondering if someone can help me with some information. I am a little bit confused with the following.

According to this table

https://www.aat.org.uk/content/item100803/

I completed level 2 (Unit 30 and Unit 31 old standards) . Now I am planning to start Level 3 (new standards) and to prepare by myself (I bought the books).

Does the revised Accounting Qualification for Level 3 include the following and are there any exemptions? I was advised that ITX is exempted because that was covered under Unit 31?

- API
- APII
- CMGT
- CRS
- ITX
- SPSW
- Professional ethics

Also I was advised that for SPSW I have to study it with a provider? I had the impression that this is a e-test, you prepare for the exam and book a date and sit the exam, rather than studying with provider. Please any advices on that?

Thanks

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I am starting Level 3 now, I was wondering if someone can help me with some information. I am a little bit confused with the following.

According to this table

https://www.aat.org.uk/content/item100803/

I completed level 2 (Unit 30 and Unit 31 old standards) . Now I am planning to start Level 3 (new standards) and to prepare by myself (I bought the books).

Does the revised Accounting Qualification for Level 3 include the following and are there any exemptions? I was advised that ITX is exempted because that was covered under Unit 31?

- API
    - APII
    - CMGT
    - CRS
    - ITX
    - SPSW
    - Professional ethics

Also I was advised that for SPSW I have to study it with a provider? I had the impression that this is a e-test, you prepare for the exam and book a date and sit the exam, rather than studying with provider. Please any advices on that?

Thanks

If you have completely finished Level 2 under the old standards then you will be exempt from Indirect Tax. You do need to be attached to a centre for spreadsheets as the centre marks it not the AAT. I think you can do this on a unit by unit basis with the likes of BPP or Kaplan but not sure. At Level 4 you will also need to be attached to a centre for ICAS (the replacement for the unit 10 report unit)
  • elenmarkova
    elenmarkova Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for your reply!!! I will choose one of them then, BPP or Kaplan
Privacy Policy