HMRC Authorisation

Options
T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
A new client comes to me with their NI number, but they are not yet registered self-employed. I can register as their agent through the form 64-8, but not online until I get a UTR number for them. Does that really make sense?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yes. HMRC logic at its best.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I've found recently when we try to send a paper 64-8 before the client has registered for a UTR that they send it back saying they can't process it if a UTR hasn't been registered! So we've taken to sending them in with the CWF1.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yes, I was going to send them together. If not, I will have to wait for a UTR number and do it the long way around. Thanks HMRC!
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Options
    I get annoyed that you can't print out a blank CWF1 to send to the client, they need to be there with you while you complete it online to then print and sign.

Talking of HMRC being silly, one of our clients received a penalty notice last week for not sending in their PAYE year end on time. I filed a nil return through the website on 19th May and received an email back in August (!) confirming the client record had been updated. When I finally got through to someone on the phone this morning they said the return had been marked down as being submitted on the day they finally got round to processing it rather than the day I sent it and it had been happening a lot!! I'm just glad that we got the penalty notice rather than our client otherwise they might think it was us that hadn't done our job properly.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I use blank CWF1s. Did it myself with a bit of photoshopping. Ridiculous of HMRC to use these onscreen ones now.
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I get annoyed that you can't print out a blank CWF1 to send to the client, they need to be there with you while you complete it online to then print and sign.

Have you tried printing to a PDF writer? - works for me. I don't have a problem saving the form either, but maybe I'm just having a lucky day.
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Blank CWF1

Hi

I just called up the CWF1 and printed it blank without any problems.

Maybe they've changed something that now allows it.

Regards
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Options
    I use blank CWF1s. Did it myself with a bit of photoshopping. Ridiculous of HMRC to use these onscreen ones now.

So do you send your 'photoshopped' form to HMRC and do they accept it without any problems?
    Hi

I just called up the CWF1 and printed it blank without any problems.

Maybe they've changed something that now allows it.

Regards

Thanks a lot Anne, I've just tried it and it did work for me this time. I think they must have changed something because last time I tried to print one I had to make up the client's NI number! At least now I can post this blank form out for the client to complete.

Thanks everyone
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    So do you send your 'photoshopped' form to HMRC and do they accept it without any problems?

Yep.

All my forms are photoshopped to a degree as they are all imported into my document management system so that they auto-fill from my database.
Privacy Policy