Cheap Accounts software for a Mac

paulstafford
paulstafford Registered Posts: 126 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Does anyone know of a cheap ( or free would be good!) and easy to use bookkeeping software which can run on an Apple Mac? I'm thinking along the lines of the capability offered by VT cashbook.

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    In a word, no!

You would probably be better looking for a cheap (or free) online service so it can be used on any platform regardless of whether Mac or PC.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    In a word, no!

You would probably be better looking for a cheap (or free) online service so it can be used on any platform regardless of whether Mac or PC.

Xero is one of the cloud accounting packages. I don't know much about it...

Other option is getting a cheap laptop and putting VT on, or one of the Windows emulators for the mac, but would you be confident enough of the relibility?!
  • paulstafford
    paulstafford Registered Posts: 126 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately client is not keen on online packages as that would be the ideal solution.
  • JasonTurbo
    JasonTurbo Registered Posts: 27 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I think Sage offer a free program on there website, however I'm not sure whether this would be either Mac compatible or indeed of any use. Generally anything free seems to extremely limited and/or glitchy
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think Sage offer a free program on there website, however I'm not sure whether this would be either Mac compatible or indeed of any use. Generally anything free seems to extremely limited and/or glitchy

I had a look and I think the free software is just for invoicing? Could be handy to many people though!

http://shop.sage.co.uk/free.aspx
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Can't vouch for it and don't know if it's compatible but http://quickbooks.intuit.co.uk/small-business-accounting/quickbooks-simplestart-free.jsp
Privacy Policy