HMRC Agent - need to change address

Options
Rachel
Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I am finally moving house and in the process of changing my address.

I have just tried to change all my HMRC agent codes on the government gateway and the only one that has an option to change my address is Corporation Tax.

I don't understand why this isn't standard and now I have to write letters and make calls. I know it isn't a big thing but so annoying.

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Can you not just go to your details and amend?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    We had to write to amend it but it then amended everywhere except PAYE where we had to write to each tax office!!!
    Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    we wrote to the CAAT team quoting our agent codes
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    T.C. wrote: Β»
    Can you not just go to your details and amend?

only on ct nothing else gives you the option!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Rachel wrote: Β»
    only on ct nothing else gives you the option!
    This is correct.

I can't remember which ones are which, but I think CT and self assessment can be changed one way, but VAT and PAYE have to be changed another way (writing a letter I think, and the others can be changed in the online portal). I had to go through this recently and it's a complete pain.
  • TreadStone
    TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Laughable really isn't it ? In this day and age when HMRC are pushing for everything to be submitted online, you still have to SEND A LETTER for something as basic as this.

I had to do the same a few months back and it beggers belief really.

Still, take a deep breath.........
  • Lina
    Lina Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Changed address a year ago. vat still sends agent codes to my clients with my old address. I wrote to agent maintainer to different hmrc offices and still. The most painful was PAYE .
    It is unbelievable. It should work like this : you change and address in CH and it is changed automatically in all tax offices. But it does not work like this at all.
  • Emrhino
    Emrhino Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I did this a year ago and they are still sending PAYE clients my home address details even though I have an office now.

HMRC are now telling me I should just be able to change my address online, even though I have repeatably been told I need to write to the tax office concerned. I have done this 3 times with no evident change to my details!

Double rubbish.
Privacy Policy