CCH Online

Options
Monsoon
Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes...

...I've just discovered the CCH Online resource provided to MIPs. It's brilliant. Ok, I'm sure as time goes on I will find niggles, but it answered my tax question (which was not a straight forward one) straight away. It seems really comprehensive.

Thanks AAT! :)

I'm pondering whether to stop buying Tolley's Tax Guide as a result, I'm sure I'm duplicating resources.

Anyone else use it a lot?

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It was the first thing I looked at on the MiP toolkit! I like it, I used it to help me with my LOE and new client checklist but haven't used it for anything technical yet. Where I used to work we used the helpline and it was great but I don't really know why anyone would spend that much money when there's so much online.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I find Tolleys Tax Guide much more useful..

6747025.jpg

..for propping up my monitors!
  • Monsoon
    Options
    See, I find Tolley's (the annual Tolley's Tax Guide that's about ยฃ50) much more basic than the CCH Toolkit. It's good for some stuff, but doesn't seem to tick the box for more complex queries which I've solved easily with CCH.

I have the Yellow and Orange and since my ATT studies have taught me how to use them, I find them invaluable, and CCH is fab as in the tax sections (though not the VAT?) it will reference the act and then I can go look it up if I need to.
  • andrewtdk
    andrewtdk Registered Posts: 150 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    At least you wont have to pay for the Tolleys Tax Guide much longer because you'll get it as part of your membership for ATT. I guess its a good job you'll be saving on the book because ATT membership isnt exactly cheap ha ha
  • Monsoon
    Options
    At least you wont have to pay for the Tolleys Tax Guide much longer because you'll get it as part of your membership for ATT. I guess its a good job you'll be saving on the book because ATT membership isnt exactly cheap ha ha

Way to go to put a smile on my face Andrew, cheers :lol:
Privacy Policy