Online Agent - Incomplete Submission

Options
Curzy
Curzy Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ⭐
Can anyone shed any light on what I am doing wrong when trying to set up a new client for authorisation on the HMRC Website.

I am a registered Agent for SA, Corp Tax etc.

When I enter my new client's details (which are taken from his latest SA Statement) into the screen to send off for the authorisation code, I keep getting an unsubmitted status in the authorisations waiting screen.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? The client hasn't moved address etc. This is the only authorisation I am submitting today.

I can't seem to find any help on the HMRC and the helplines are not open on a Sunday.

Many thanks

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Fill in the authorisation process. this adds the client to a list ready for submitting. Tick the check box next to the client then click the submit button at the bottom
    Regards,

Burg
  • cobbles
    cobbles Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I have had this problem before, I had a letter from the revenue with all the clients details & name and address etc, online submission failed, I asked my client to call and it turns out they had two address (home & business)on file even though they were sending correspondance to the address I registered online it failed, they told me to use the business address and it worked.
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    It can sometimes be a bit of a guessing game - I'm sure in one case of mine HMRC even had an 'o' in the place of a zero in the post code, so check every possible combination you can think of!
Privacy Policy