AAT Level 4 Dilema

lyndseywood87
lyndseywood87 Registered Posts: 47 Epic contributor 🐘
Hiya, just wondering if anyone can help me with my little dilema. I am currently enrolled with my local chamber of commerce on the level 4 AAT, which I was attending weekly. I was made redundant from my previous employment at the end of september 2011, and carried on doing the studing whilst I was unemployed. I have since gained full time employment, which does not give me time off in order to complete my studies. Can anyone give me any advice on the best place to start to look for somewhere to complete my studies? I have completed Financial Statements, Financial Performance and External Audit exams.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
xx

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    If you only have one optional unit to do you could just buy the books and self study the one of the Tax Units. If you wanted to to Credit Managemnet you would need to be registered with a training provider as part of this unit is assessed by a project which needs to be marked by a tutor.

If you chose to do one of the Tax Units you could just pay to sit the CBE as an external student at a local exam centre. Kaplan have centres in Hull and Grimsby - not sure if either of those would be of use to you ? I sit my exams as an external student at Kaplan in Liverpool and pay about £50 because there is an admin fee on top of the AAT exam fee.

As for the project I understand that Kaplan and Premier Training are offering this as a stand alone unit. Eagle Education and BPP may be offering this, but I am not sure.
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Congratulations on getting your new job.

Is there somewhere local to you that does evening or weekend classes? Or BPP and Kaplan offer distance courses where they provide text books and study guides. I think Kaplan has a pass guarantee. Not the easiest way to study, but it got me through AAT and ACCA without taking any time off work.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Would you consider evening classes? That way your studies would not interfere with your work.
Privacy Policy