PETITION - Bring Back the old Forum Style!!!!!!!!

T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Please add a note on this petition if you agree that the old style forum was much better than this!

Comments

• jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Aye!!!
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Agreed
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Agreed
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    T.C. wrote: Β»
    Please add a note on this petition if you agree that the old style forum was much better than this!

I don't get what the problem is with the new style, it doesn't seem very different to the old style. What's changed?
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Feedback welcome!

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're not very happy with the new-look forums.

Upgrading the forums software necessitated a change in design, as the theme we used before isn't compatible with the upgraded version of vBulletin we're now using.

Just to take you through a couple of the reasons for the changes we've made:

β€’ We've introduced more white space so that content is easier to find and scan read, and so that users aren’t distracted by too much green.

β€’ We've kept AAT's signature green, but hopefully it now highlights and draws attention to information, rather than distracts from it.

The content is still in the same order and format as before, so your ability to navigate around the forums shouldn't be affected.

I can appreciate it's a shock to see the site looking different after so long. I'd just ask that you give the new design a few days and, if you feel strongly that your experience of the forums is now significantly worse, then drop us a line at community.team@aat.org.uk with your feedback.

The more specific you can be the better - if there are functions that aren't working, or there's something that is visually less clear, let us know. We'd also ask that you try the forums in Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 8, for the best experience.

One thing we will be addressing is the fact that hyperlinks within posts need to change colour so that they're easy to spot. And there's an issue with the search function which is obviously a priority for us to look at.

As I said we're keen to get your feedback over the next week or so, so that we can assess the impact of the changes we've made and look at what extra features we might be able to add. Once again the email address to contact is: community.team@aat.org.uk

Thanks - have a good weekend.

Stuart
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi, having trouble getting into my message area.
  • System
    System Posts: 103,151 πŸ€– Admin πŸ€–
    Sulew17 wrote: Β»
    Hi, having trouble getting into my message area.

Hi Sulew17, we'll look into this as soon as possible. It would really help if you could email WebServices.AAT@aat.org.uk with what browser (and if it's Internet Explorer, which version, 7,8 or 9) you are using.
  • T.C.
    When you are typing in a new thread, it leaves part of a word on one line and carried it on to the next, very off-putting when you are writing.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I quite like the new forum, any change just takes getting used to, so it will feel strange for awhile. Plus, it probably will run a lot smoother have less glitches and new features, which isn't a bad thing. :)
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    I can't see all the previous posts of the user....

Regarding this forum in general, I prefered the old one, this one look a bit cheap with all this white space around and so far is quite buggy (hope it gets better later)
  • T.C.
    Yes, too white!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Very white but it's okay in my opinion and an overdue fresh look.

People often complain about change - especially on Facebook - but give it a couple of weeks and everything's hunky dory again once they've found out where everything is and how it works. Then when that's superseded, they inevitably want the previous, once hated, version back again!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Very white but it's okay in my opinion and an overdue fresh look.

People often complain about change - especially on Facebook - but give it a couple of weeks and everything's hunky dory again once they've found out where everything is and how it works. Then when that's superseded, they inevitably want the previous, once hated, version back again!
    +1 to this.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    +1 to this.

Maybe in the next version they could add a kudos or "like" button :)
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi, just to let you know that the search facility is now back - apologies for the inconvenience in the intervening time!
  • T.C.
    And what about the 'report spam' option for when we get intruders! I believe the idea was put forward some time ago.
  • T.C.
    Just noticed the report post icon ....thats one good thing I guess. Thanks.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Too white and the writing shrank far too much. Some of us are still only able to see with one eye!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    anniem wrote: Β»
    Too white and the writing shrank far too much. Some of us are still only able to see with one eye!

Ctrl and + makes the text bigger, as does Ctrl and mouse wheel. :) On a PC that is, no idea how it works on a Mac.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I think the Forums have changed altogether. Not the same banter we used to get but think it's to do with the fact that everybody is at different stages and exams arnt at a set time anymore therefore there isnt the same panic near exam times and everybody stressing everybody else out cause they mention something in the Syllabus that you have never heard of! Those were the days (not funny at the time)

Just to remind you all this was the exact week I was snowed in and couldnt get home for a week and couldnt sit the Exams last year. I have been reliving it hour by hour since Sunday to my other half starting with us having to walk through a Blizzard to get to the end of the Road to get someone to pick me up!

I miss the old Forum!!!!
  • T.C.
    When you get a pm it is not easy to notice. Perhaps something that flashes would be appropriate.
Privacy Policy