CBA in Prof Ethics, Indirect Tax and Cash Management

Options
helpmeplease
helpmeplease Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,

These are the three remaining units i have to complete level 3, Ive been revising hard and am preparing to take them over the next 2 months, someone in our office has recently passed the Tax CBA, however she has said that the exam actually had reference sections which you can used throughout the test which was the only reason they passed (after hardly any revision) is this correct, as it seems that I am wasting my time if they help you with the answers, and if it is correct is it the same procedure for the other 2 exams??

Thanks

Comments

• Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello,
    the ITax does have a reference bar to the side, but I would recomend studding also.
    I would say you need a knowledge of tax and make sure you know the VAT form as big part of exam.

Cash Management and Prof Ethics are the same as the other exams, personally I fould Prof Ethics the worst. Due to being a very dry subject.
    With Only 3 to go you will be level 3 qualified in no time. Just dont rush.
    Good Luck
  • helpmeplease
    Options
    Diddy Mau wrote: »
    Hello,
    the ITax does have a reference bar to the side, but I would recomend studding also.
    I would say you need a knowledge of tax and make sure you know the VAT form as big part of exam.

Cash Management and Prof Ethics are the same as the other exams, personally I fould Prof Ethics the worst. Due to being a very dry subject.
    With Only 3 to go you will be level 3 qualified in no time. Just dont rush.
    Good Luck

Thanks, hopefully it wont be long now, so the Prof Ethics and Cash Management DO NOT have the reference bar then?

Thanks for the help
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    yes, only ITax has reference bar
  • nicd1981
    nicd1981 Registered Posts: 243 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I took tax exam in july last this year, we did no revision for it but had a class on it before hand. All the answers you need to know are in the info menu in exam, but you will need to learn about a tax return and how to fill one in
    Nicola Donnelly ,MAAT, MIP, CIMA Dip MA

Email: donnellynicola7@gmail.com
    Facbook Page: MEND Accounting
    Blog: http://wannabeanaccountant.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter: @mendaccounting
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If you want to pass your Indirect Tax (ITX) exam only then reference provided on the exam screen is sufficient (though you need to be familiar with the VAT return form). If you want to implement the theory to work then there is no alternative then studying.

How did you do in your Costs and Revenues exam?

Good Luck

Ronnie
  • helpmeplease
    Options
    How did you do in your Costs and Revenues exam?

Good Luck

Ronnie

Thanks,

I did my costs and revenue exam in 2006 and passed first time, i had to take a few years out from studying due to various family issue, i transfered over onto the new sylibus in January this year, and these 3 CBE are all i have left for level 3 and i have Internal control and accounting systems to complete level 4 and get my letters! everything else was done on the old standards a few years ago
Privacy Policy