Budgeting CBA

BeccaLouJ9
BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
Passed! Yay! Took it on the 1st Oct so it's been a month exactly to get the result! So happy! Ready for FinPerf Exam now! :)

Good Luck everyone waiting on results or taking exams!

Becca x

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Congratulations ! Its a great feeling seeing another unit marked off competent on the Statement of Acheivement isn't it ?
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Well done Becca!!!!

:thumbup:
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Thanks guys! My SOA hasn't appeared yet on MyAAT, I guess because it's my first L4 CBA, just waiting for that now!

B x
  • freck59
    freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well done Becca, I've got mine tomorrow at 9:00am. I'm not at my most spectacular at that time of day - who is!

Good to know the results are coming through quickly as well - we were told 6 weeks which means just before Christmas. Lovely pressie if you pass but not so nice if you have to plan a £40 resit into the Christmas budget!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Thank you, and don't worry I'm sure you will do absolutely fine!

Good Luck for tomorrow! Don't cram too much revision in tonight!

Let us know how it goes! :)

B x

(P.s just saw that you are in Devon.. Snap!)
  • freck59
    freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Phew - hopefully that's that one over with.

It was almost identical the practice CBT's on the website so thank goodness for that! I did have a complete head full of cotton wool when asked to calculate the variable production overhead in 1.4 though which was really annoying as I'd done that one so many times with no troubles on the CBT!

Unfortunately our centre hadn't taught us anything to do with product life cycle but I'd gone through the whole of the BPP book and did that last night so it was still fresh but several on my course were saying afterwards they hadn't a clue :(

Just got to wait for the results now - hope I did enough in the writing bit as thats the bit I was dreading! I left it till last and then took all the time allowed in the exam to just sit and examine and analyse the figures - resulting in another cotton wool moment of not being able to calculate percentages!!! Doh!

Anyway - onward and upward hopefully - Financial Performance next.... whoop de doo!

Becca I'm in North Devon - good to meet a fellow Devonshire lass
  • stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi,

I have my budgeting exam on Tuesday and really concerned about the written bits also. I seem to be fine with all the calculations and will be doing the same as you...doing all calculations first then concentrating all my time on the written questions.

May I ask as I know you said it was very similar the the practice CBT did you have a written question like the one in the first section of the practice CBT about a Direct Labour Budget? Or something to that effect? Then in section 2 did you have a written question where you had to explain the variances of Material, admin, labour and marketing or something again to that effect?

Thank you in advance for any help x

Steph
Privacy Policy