Probably a stupid question...

Options
amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Morning all, this is probably a stupid question but with the old AAT standards there was a diploma route for if you werent working in the accounting field and an NVQ route if you were. Is this the same for the new standard? Or is it just one pathway?

Many thanks

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Amy

Now that QCF has come in to play there is just one qualification.

I did level 2 and 3 under the "old" standards and started level 4 under then "new" standards. I was not working in accounts until recently so I followed the Diploma Pathway for level 2 and 3.

My understanding is that under the old standards you could submit work based evidence for some of the units if you were doing the NVQ pathway, or you sat skills tests if you were following the Diploma pathway.

The structure of the "new" qualification is probably closer to the old "diploma" as all of the units (with the exception of ICAS) are now assessed via tests rather than a portfolio of work based evidence (you can still do a work based case study for ICAS if you choose to though).

I think if you have lots of experience in a certain area you can still apply for credit for prior learning, but this is decided on a case by case basis. Someone else may be able to confirm that though :)
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks uknitty! Thats very helpful.
Privacy Policy