IR 35 Review

Options
mc25
mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Just wondering for those who deal with a lot of subcontractors, do you use companies who do IR 35 reviews and if yes, have you got any recommendation. The ones I have dealt with in the past I have always managed to do the checklist myself, I am in the process of trying to have something in place as I have noticed more and more people are trying to go for the route of having Ltd company rather than working via an umbrella company. Any views on this thread are welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I can do IR35 reviews and we have always done them in house. My ex business partner used to do them but I've got a good deal of knowledge on the subject and so am happy to do them myself now I'm on my own.
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    If we need to have a self employed contract reviewed we send it to "Accountax" not cheap but the best in the business that I'm aware of. We are also members of their fighting fund and attend their seminars which are once or twice a year.
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    thanks

Groundy and Monsoon thanks for your reply. I will have a look at the Accountax as its something I am thinking its worth having in place.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    We encourage our clients to join the Professional Contractors Group as members get a discount on the Accountax contract check (which one of our clients has taken up) and you are then indemnified should HMRC decide otherwise.

PCG also do a lot of campaigning and lobbying regarding IR35 as well as providing lots of training and support.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I used to do contract reviews and have done for people on this site.

However QDOS now do them for Β£85 and it just isn't worth me opening up a file for that kind of return.

I'm not sure of the quality of the report you get but Qdos have a pretty good reputation generally so I would imagine it is a good service.
Privacy Policy