AP1 - confidence booster please!

Kirsty83
Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Guys!

In need of a confidence boost right now. I've got my AP1 at the end of the month (first one of Level 3) and I'm starting to panic already!! I feel like I know nothing and that I'm simply not ready. It doesn't help that this particular class has a less than great tutor, so it isn't exactly comforting. I've been working my way through practice papers/questions from class and from both the Osbourne and AAT site as well as class handouts etc, but I'm still feeling really deflated. I just want to pass!!!!!

Anyone else felt the same OR is feeling the same way?!? Any words of wisdom, advice or tips will be much appreciated!

Thanks! x

Comments

• Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Kirsty,

When I did AP1 last month, it was my 3rd level 3 exam but I was still quite nervous, probably the most nervous I've ever been, but when I was sitting the CBA all my nerves went away, honestly it was not a hard exam, the questions were relatively easy and just like that of the mocks.

I would just calm yourself down, go over your class notes and mocks again, make sure you understand the basic principles of accruals & prepayments (most people seemed to struggle with these), depreciation, fixed assets etc. and make sure that you feel confident in applying them.

Try and get some practice questions from your tutor, or use the AAT mocks - these really helped me.

Chin up and good luck! x
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Louise

That is great advice, can I ask have you done Spreadsheets yet, wondered how different it was to the mock. It is my first level 3 exam on Tuesday

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hello Jan

Sorry to hijack your message to Louise, however as I have done the Spreadsheets paper I wanted to post you a quick reply. If you have sat the practice paper 'Muddlestone' then you should be ok with your actual assessment.

You may find additional spreadsheet exercises you can practice (non AAT) on other websites e.g. MS Knowledge or by doing a search on Google.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM or email me (if you still have my address).

Good luck - I'm sure you'll do just fine!

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Jo

Will email you

Jan
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Jan,

Since I work with excel on a daily basis I didn't find the exam or the tuition difficult at all, however the best way to learn is keep practising! Do the mock and play around in excel with your own numbers and it will all start to become second nature.

When I sat the CBP I was surprised to find that it was very similar to the mock "Muddlestone" as Jo mentioned above, and if you can do that you can do the exam no problem, in fact I would go as far as saying it is slightly easier than the mock.

Good Luck & don't stress. X
  • Julietteb
    Julietteb Registered Posts: 26 Epic contributor 🐘
    In terms of ap1 and ap11 for that matter if you are ok with the aat mocks then you should be ok. Thats what I found anyway
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    Thanks Louise! :)
  • Sharleen
    Sharleen Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi

I agree with Juliette. If you've done a few mock exams and found those to be ok you should be fine. I didn't find there was anything too unexpected in them. Good luck with the exam.
Privacy Policy