Budgeting Practice CBT 1 - computer freezes at 1.3

Options
freck59
freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
Is anyone else getting 'stuck' at 1.3. I don't mean as in 'I can't do it' I mean literally stuck! No matter what I click the screen stays on 1.3 and will not move onto 1.4. It happened yesterday but I thought it was my pc and I was running out of time to do it so didn't do anything about it. I've got my exam tomorrow at 9:00 am so really need to be doing as much practice as possible.

I'm really disappointed with the support we're getting. I had an email from AAT suggesting I watch the webinar on budgeting exam prep. Well I would if they'd uploaded it!

Whinge over and back to the paper PCR exams I've printed off from previous years... :(

Comments

• StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear you had problems using the practice CBT - it must be very frustrating, and is not the ideal preparation for your exam.

If you could spare a few seconds could you please let me know:

- whether you were accessing this through AAT's website, or via your training provider
    - what operating system you're using, and whether you're on a desktop or a laptop
    - how your internet connection is set up - are you on a wireless or wired broadband connection?
    - what internet browser you're using (and version); that is, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox, etc

If you accessed it through AAT's website, was it by using the below link?

https://www.aat.org.uk/myaat/pa_lsb/

I appreciate your energies will be focused on your exam right now, so if you could get back to me after that I'd be most grateful.

Thanks - and very best of luck in your exam.

Stuart

PS: Regarding the webinar - what happened when you clicked the link in the email, did it direct you to our website? Or was there an error message?
  • freck59
    freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Stuart

Answers to your questions below

- whether you were accessing this through AAT's website, or via your training provider

Through the AAT website.

- what operating system you're using, and whether you're on a desktop or a laptop

I'm in Windows XP

- how your internet connection is set up - are you on a wireless or wired broadband connection?

Wired broadband - although in Devon its know as Skinnyband!

- what internet browser you're using (and version); that is, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox, etc

I'm using the most up to date Firefox

If you accessed it through AAT's website, was it by using the below link?

https://www.aat.org.uk/myaat/pa_lsb/

Yes - going through MyAAT/practice assessments

Regarding the webinar - what happened when you clicked the link in the email, did it direct you to our website? Or was there an error message?

I was taken to the AAT home page and asked to sign in. Once I'd signed in I stayed on the home page, not automatically taken to the webinar in question. I searched using the search box for Webinars and found the one I wanted by the date. I clicked on that and it told me the event had passed but didn't give me anyway of viewing it online rather than live which is what I wanted to do.

Anyway, I've done the exam this morning and the CBT I could access was very useful - thank heavens there were two to choose from as it really did help familiarise with the layout of the exam.

Edit to add... this is the body of the email I got...

"Don’t forget that there is a live online webinar on assessment preparation, tips and techniques from 19.00-20.30 on 9 November.

Don’t worry if you’re not able to join on the night, as the presentation will be available to view post-event online, either on a computer or your smartphone.

David Stevens, a Kaplan financial tutor, will be speaking live at the AAT Northampton branch event with his presentation streamed live over the internet and then placed online afterwards."

Perhaps a date when it can be viewed online afterwards would have been useful - was I too quick off the mark trying to view it on 10.11.11?
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this information. Since you originally posted we've been trying to find out if there were system issues/errors that might have caused this problem, but as yet we've been unable to find anything. There's a possibility it may have been a bandwidth issue with your internet connection, but as other people experienced the same issue it seems unlikely.

I'm going to feed back to the technical team with the information you provided - I can only apologise again for the inconvenience and stress this caused you. I'm glad the one that did work at least helped prepare you for the layout of the exam.

Regarding the webinar - yes, I'm afraid you were too quick off the mark! But that's not your fault - like you say, we should have either made it explicit that this resource would be available at some point in the future, or stated exactly it would be available. I'll be feeding this back, as I agree it's misleading. Apologies once again.

Thanks again for taking the time to give me this information.

Stuart
Privacy Policy