FHL losses

noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi everyone

Does anyone know where on the tax return you enter FHL losses that you want to carry forward? am I going blind!!!!

Thank you


  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    FHL = Furnished Holiday Lets

    Would it go within the FHL section of the UK Property section of the tax return?
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Furnished holiday lets. There is no box surprisingly in 14-17 on FHL lets, so maybe box 41 on the following page? I would phone HMRC and ask them.
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have already called them, they seemed very vague and said theat there is no where to put it so don't bother putting it on, just keep a log of it.
  • LynWest
    LynWest Registered Posts: 122 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    sorry i do not know the answer to your query, but i would advise as i'm sure you already know, but just in case, make sure you have a call reference and the name of the person from HMRC that advised you. I also note the date and time of the call for good measure too :)
Privacy Policy